Quality Control Inspector
Intercontinental Engineering-Manufacturing Corp.
Expiry Date :
Sat, 24 Apr 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
Intercontinental Engineering Manufacturing Corporation is a heavy machinery manufacturer looking for a Quality Control Inspector interested in working on large weldments and machined parts (40,000 lbs. +). Intercon fabricates, machines, paints, and assembles products for the commercial marine, defense and mining industries. Inspectors will be expected to perform the following duties:
* Review material certifications of plates, pipes & forgings
* Choose the proper inspection equipment and techniques based on drawing requirements
* Dimensionally inspect weldments and machining done by outside vendors with tape measures, calipers, micrometers, Faro Arm, etc.
* Perform NDT inspections using MT, PT, and VT on weldments
* Document inspections performed on incoming parts
* Understand and apply codes, specifications, weld symbols, and drawing requirements
* Dimensionally inspect weldments with tape measures
* Perform NDT inspections using VT, MT, UT, and PT
* Document inspections performed
* Perform in process dimensional inspections in accordance with a drawing using micrometers, calipers, go/no-go gauges, and other handheld measuring tools
* Interpret GD&T requirements on drawings
* Perform in process and final dimensional inspections using laser trackers (Faro Laser Tracker)
* Perform surface finish and paint inspections
* Layout parts for machining
* Document inspections performed
This position regularly interacts with manufacturing, engineering, and other peers in the QC department. Interpersonal skills are key to success as this position regularly leads groups of peers from production and QC to complete jobs on time. Persons in this role must have a solid analytical approach to decision making and problem solving, and above all, be consistent in performance and decision making over time.
Ideal candidates would have the following qualifications
* At least three years weld inspection experience
* At least three years experience using handheld measuring devices such as micrometers, calipers, go/no-go gauges
* At least one year of experience using laser trackers
* Ability to read and interpret complex drawings
* Thorough understanding of GD&T
* Be certifiable to a Level 2 in accordance with SNT-TC-1A in at least two of the following NDT methods: VT, PT, MT, UT
* Possess a current CWI certification or meet the qualification requirements to be certified
* Proficient using Microsoft Office products
* Willingness to learn new things
* Works well with little supervision
* Ability to communicate criticism in a manner that avoids hard feelings, and ability to advocate quality improvements in a manner that will foster concurrence rather than resistance.
* Ability to be a leader in groups of peers from production and QC
* Good attendance
This is a full time position with overtime opportunities. Relocation assistance is possible for candidate with the right qualifications.
Compensation will be based on qualifications. Typical pay range is between $22 and $28 per hour with ample overtime opportunities.
* Paid time off
* Health insurance
* Dental insurance
* Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
* Supplemental insurance
* 401K with employer contribution
* Tuition reimbursement
Intercontinental Engineering Manufacturing Corporation is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.