Quality Control Technician
BURNCO Rock Products Ltd.
Expiry Date :
Wed, 04 Aug 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
Since 1912, BURNCO has been supplying aggregate construction materials as a successful, family-run business based in Calgary. Over the last 108 years we have embraced innovative technology and new marketplaces while always maintaining the vision and values that were first introduced by our founder, James F. Burns. We look forward to having you join us on that journey.
Now hiring an experienced Quality Control Technician for our Bridgeport, Texas location!
This position is responsible for the collection and testing of daily production samples to industry standards.
What You Will Be Doing
EXPECTED RESULTS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
* Perform testing procedures, collect production samples for testing and analyze results
* Testing can occur at job sites or batch plants, must be mobile and flexible
* Prepare test report with concrete physical properties and gradation results of the production samples, compare to appropriate specifications, and submit results for review
* Interact with customers to assure satisfaction with product and service within scope of project specifications
* Perform material and equipment inspections, check and calibrate for accurate measurements, perform stockpile inspections
* Maintain proper documentation of test results, site activities, deficiencies, and reporting requirements
* Report product deficiencies to supervisors or delegate for immediate action
* Enter test data into data management system
* Follow proper company policies, procedures, laws, and regulations including OSHA safety and quality standards
* Report safety hazards and create safety first culture
* Participate in safety meetings
* Other duties as assigned
What We Would Like From You
* 2+ years of related experience
* High School Diploma or GED equivalent preferred
* ACI Certification Preferred
* Knowledge of product technical specifications, basic computer proficiency and strong math skills with ability to use 10-key calculator
* Valid Drivers License and ability to pass MVR
* Ability to maintain proper attendance while working irregular hours, including scheduled Saturdays
* Ability to manage emotions in stressful or frustrating situations
* High attention to detail and ability to prioritize day to day tasks
* Commitment to safety, customer service and teamwork
* Able to work in conditions which may include varying weather and temperatures, heavy lifting at times (50 lbs+)
In addition to competitive pay and a full benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k, employee assistance programs, etc.) we offer:
* Competitive pay with increases
* Paid Weekly every Friday!
* Holiday, vacation, bereavement, jury duty pay with no waiting period
* We’ll also provide a voucher for safety boots and safety glasses each year!
Enjoy the benefits of working with a stable and growing company that gets you home every night!