Expiry Date :
Fri, 06 Nov 2020 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
Boeing, Defense, Space, & Security is seeking a Quality Engineer to support the Space and Launch team in New Orleans, Louisiana.
This position will be directly supporting the manufacturing and assembly of the Space Launch System Core Stage and Exploration Upper Stage. The Space Launch System is the next generation rocket that will be carrying humans back to the Moon and beyond to Mars.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
– Review and approve engineering drawings to insure inspection and quality characteristics are incorporated and adequately defined.
– Review and approve processes and procedures.
– Support Internal and third party audits.
– Review and approve Design Drawing changes.
– Assures adherence to internal processes and procedures.
– Assign Mandatory Inspection Points
– Support Test activities.
– Work with Suppliers to ensure they deliver a Quality product.
– Facilitate and participate in corrective action events
– Formulate and assign corrective action tasks, track to completion
– Document corrective actions in appropriate systems
– Develop and track Quality Metrics
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a US Person as defined by 22 C.F.R.
120.15 is required. US Person includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills and Experience)
– Ability to travel up to 10%
Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills and Experience)
1+ year of quality or related experience
Space program experience
Typical Education and Experience
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 1 or more years’ related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. Master). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.