Beverly Depot, Iowa
Expiry Date :
Sat, 07 Nov 2020 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
The Plant Quality Engineer is responsible for plant quality compliance, product quality improvement and manufacturing process capability. This position leads continuous improvement activities to improve product and process quality and leads root cause and corrective action activities to resolve field and in-plant quality issues.
* Improve Quality KPIs in Glass, Vinyl, internal remakes and external remakes.
* Lead timely root cause investigations and corrective actions to resolve quality related issues.
* Ensure customer satisfaction through routine review of field performance data and corrective action.
* Support plant quality compliance, product quality improvement and manufacturing process capability
* Analyze data streams to identify potential opportunities for quality improvement.
* Define and lead engineering projects to improve product quality and process capability.
* Promote analytical problem solving through sound statistical application.
* Incorporate the use of Lean/Six Sigma tools and methods in team activities and business problem solving.
* Improve process discipline through deployment of basic quality tools (ex. Standard work, Layered Process Audits).
* Drive process capability through deployment of quality control tools (CpK analysis, SPC, etc.)
* Locally champion corporate initiatives in quality and operational excellence
* Expand the quality system infrastructure using ISO principles to ensure robust, reproducible, high quality manufacturing processes.
* Must exhibit hands on, plant floor bias for action approach
* Position reports to the Plant Quality Manager.
* Relationships with: Plant Manager, Manufacturing Manager, Line Supervisors, Quality Technicians and Auditors, Corporate Quality Team, Senior Operations Leadership