Quality Engineer II (Remote)
Expiry Date :
Wed, 16 Jun 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
8901 – Corp Office West Crk – 12800 Tuckahoe Creek Parkway, Richmond, Virginia, 23238
CarMax, the way your career should be!
ABOUT THIS JOB
Store Applications is a grouping of Value Streams that are responsible for all of the applications required to manage and execute the in-store experience for 200+ locations at CarMax. The in-store CarMax experience spans the entire customer journey; from customer inception to Sales to CarMax’s loyalty programs. These teams operate within the Agile Framework and deliver continuous value to each of the Value Streams. These teams will help drive the bottom-line sales of a growing Fortune 500 company. As part of these Value Streams, CarMax is looking for a Quality Engineer II to work directly with Agile development teams to ensure quality software is delivered to our associates and customers.
WHAT YOU WILL DO ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
* Participates in all Agile ceremonies for Team
* Completes the majority of work independently but gets help when needed
* Plans and executes tests to cover functional, integration, compatibility and regression needs and reports back findings to the Team
* Creates and maintains all scripts for their team’s regression testing
* Records defects completely and accurately
* Mentors less-experienced members of the team or QE Organization
* Analyzes new software features
* Self-prioritizes tasks and share knowledge with Team
* Understands each area of the business, grasp their processes and learn how they work together
* Understands complex problems, develops solutions and can communicate to both people inside and outside of their team
* Uses and modifies existing libraries / tools for automation testing
* Assists with both manual and automation test reviews for efficiency / correctness
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Quality Engineer II is an essential role in the software development life cycle and ensures only properly tested software is released to production. A flawless customer experience is our top priority and this role plays a major part in that company goal. By designing and executing properly prepared test cases (both manual and automated) and working closely together with the entire agile team, this goal is achievable.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
* 2+ years of experience in software quality assurance
* Solid background in test automation using Cucumber & Selenium preferred
* Strong oral/written communication, presentation, and organizational skills
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills for driving strategic initiatives through large and diverse organizations.
* Ability to work within multiple work streams at one time
* Preferred Experience:
* Experience with BDD/ATDD
* 4-year bachelors degree in Computer Science or IT related course of study preferred
CarMax disrupted the auto industry by delivering the honest, transparent and high-integrity experience customers want and deserve. This innovative thinkingaround the way cars are bought and soldhas helped us become the nations largest retailer of used cars, with over 200 locations nationwide.
Ouramazing team of more than 25,000 associates work together to deliver iconic customer experiences.Along the way,we help every associate grow their career and achieve their best, at work and in their community. We are recognized for our commitment to training and diversity and areone of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For.
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Upon an applicant’s request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application.