Quality Engineer – Metals – Automotive
Affinity Executive Search
Expiry Date :
Thu, 24 Jun 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
CANDIDATES MUST HAVE QUALITY EXPERIENCE IN AUTOMOTIVE PROCESSES
QUALITY ENGINEER RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Quality Engineer will communicate with the customer about specification development and common interpretation.
* Investigate, analyze and recommend new material sources to ensure adequate production capabilities.
* Ensure satisfactory material flow to this plant.
* Monitor existing supplier base and ensure consistent conformance to company and customer requirements.
* Escort customer representatives to suppliers, when necessary.
* Perform supplier quality audits and quality system audits.
* Responsible for inspection procedures of incoming purchased materials, or product and materials at various stages of assembly, and of product completion, packaging and shipment.
* Develop, train, implement, and monitor appropriate quality programs.
* Analyze data and recommend appropriate action.
* Train and supervise quality assurance technicians in the use of tools, measuring and dimensional conformance devices, charting, QA procedures and techniques, trouble-shooting, and customer and supplier relations.
* Maintain the quality standards and ensure product and process conformance.
* Coordinate customer annual quality audits.
* Establish and monitor all in-house testing and destruct testing.
* Coordinate all testing required at other facilities.
* Assist in external and internal defect and analysis.
* Provide leadership in troubleshooting.Analyze and resolve material and any internal problems that may cause an interruption of delivery of quality products.
* Requires proper judgment in communications with customer.
* Complies with all Company Safety policies, procedures and rules.
QUALITY ENGINEER EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor’s degree required.
* 5+years experience in Quality Assurance/Quality Control position working with TS16949, PFMEA’s, PPAP’s, etc.
* Must have recent Quality Engineering experience.
* High Level of excellent business ethics and integrity.
* Working knowledge of MS Office.
* Excellent problem-solving skills including 8D’s.
* Excellent analytical skills.
* Excellent interpersonal skills.