ElectraMeccanica Vehicles Corp.
Expiry Date :
Wed, 11 Aug 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
Meet ElectraMeccanica, an innovative electric vehicle manufacturer that is ready to revolutionize how people commute! Drawing on a 60-year legacy of building and delivering high-end custom cars, our flagship vehicle is a single-seat, electric vehicle called the SOLO (NASDAQ: SOLO). The provided driving experience is an unrivaled combination of exhilaration, affordability and environmental consciousness. Now, we are eager to open our doors to our new 18-acre US Assembly and Engineering Technical Center in Mesa, Arizona. Needless to say, its electrifying times and we want to invite you to seriously consider joining our expanding team!
About our team? ElectraMeccanica has heart & soul! We hire dedicated, passionate, respectful and engaged contributors, who enjoy creating, solving and challenging the status quo. We have a dedicated team of people and continually seek to hire those who are always willing to roll up their sleeves. If we just described your personal values and work ethic here, we definitely want you to read on to see if this position sparks your interest.
We are seeking a Full-Time Quality Inspector to join our lean and agile team in Mesa, Arizona. This role reports to the Plant Manager. The purpose of the Quality Inspector is to ensure that our products are made to the highest standards, so that our customers will enjoy high-quality vehicles and ensuring the long-term success of our company.
* Evaluate incoming parts, and part assemblies to incoming inspection standards and drawings.
* Read component and assembly drawings, vehicle inspection standards to comprehend the quality expectations for the product and supplied components.
* Approve or reject raw materials with respect to quality standards and record supplier performance.
* Develop and maintain boundary samples based on quality requirements and review with engineering teams.
* Conduct material review meetings, to ensure proper disposition of non-conforming components.
* Evaluate and inspect sub-assemblies during production to ensure assembly is completed correctly prior to assembly moving to next step.
* Inspect completed vehicle to EMV inspection criteria to ensure vehicles meet all quality requirements.
* Use test equipment to perform complex testing procedures.
* Perform vehicle audit testing and objective measurements as required by control plans.
* Document any non-conformances found and assign responsibility, maintain metrics and KPIs for manufacturing lines and factory.
* Comprehend process quality standards and determine if ongoing production meets those standards.
* Communicate emerging and trending quality issues to prevent negative impact to the factory.
* Escalate concerns that are not being properly resolved in your immediate work area.
* Construct and maintain strong relationships with members of all nearby teams.
* Review processes and perform QA network analysis as well as ensure processes are efficient.
* Prepare and submit reports to the quality manager and plant manager.
* Support the QMS as part of the quality team.
* Lead and execute continuous improvement activities within the plant and the company.
* Responsible for maintaining and ensuring tools and instruments are within calibration.
* Responsible for developing and maintaining 5S standards within the QC area
* Perform other duties as required by management.
* Required to work in an assembly / manufacturing setting.
* Required to wear proper PPE to work in a high-level noise environment.
* Required to lift and move up to 75 pounds.
* High school diploma and 5+ years experience in an automotive production or manufacturing quality assurance environment as a quality inspector.
* A technical diploma is considered an asset.
* Proficient with Microsoft office – Excel and Word.
* Working knowledge of Quality tools and methods.
* Experience in a fast-paced work environment requiring critical analysis.
* Technical knowledge reading and interpreting drawings and inspection standards.
* Strong organizational skills & technology mindset.
* Self-starter with strong work ethic and the ability to exercise good judgment.
* Excellent Verbal & Written communication skills.
* Positive attitude and willingness to work as part of a team.
* Available to work a flexible schedule including overtime.
* Reliable and punctual.
* Experience with measurement and inspection tools is a plus. (Calipers, Micrometers, Height gauges, Multimeters, Torque Wrenches, etc.)
* Legally able to work in the United States of America.
While we greatly appreciate all candidate applications, we only contact those individuals who best meet the required position qualifications. Thank you in advance for considering ElectraMeccanica!
One last important note we work hard, but we play hard too! In fact, our new facility is planned to incorporate modern, dedicated spaces for our employees to dine, engage, relax, and play. We also provide the following comprehensive benefits package that supports our employees health, wellness, retirement, and work-life balance:
Medical, dental, and vision plans
Generous paid time off
401k with company match
Short-term and Long-term disability benefits
Corporate fitness/wellness discounts