Radar Signal Processing Researcher
Expiry Date :
Sun, 20 Jun 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
Systems & Technology Research (STR) is seeking a highly motivated candidate for a radar signal processing researcher position. The candidate will have the opportunity to develop next generation radar capabilities that include next generation multi-function RF systems, bi-static/multi-static radar, advanced waveforms, sensor resource management, radar imaging and novel new radar applications. Opportunities for technical leadership of advanced programs and areas of research will also be available for qualified candidates.
STR is a privately-owned, rapidly growing business focused on research and development for the defense and intelligence communities. We are a nationally recognized leader in research areas including data analytics, sensors and signal processing, electronic warfare, cyber, video and image understanding, command and control, and precision navigation. Several programs have transitioned advanced technology to military and intelligence users. While our primary focus is on serving U.S. Government customers, we are pursuing commercial applications as well.
* Algorithm development for advanced radar applications
* Air and ground moving target indication (AMTI or GMTI)
* Radar imaging (SAR and/or ISAR)
* Multi-function RF systems
* Bi-static and multi-static radar
* Resource management
* Experimental radar data collection and analysis for airborne and ground-based applications
* Radar performance analysis skills
* Familiarity with various radar signal processing techniques
* Clutter suppression via space-time adaptive processing
* Adaptive beamforming and interference suppression
* Waveform processing and analysis of ambiguity functions
* Detection and false alarm mitigation
* Mapping and validation of algorithms for implementation on real-time processors
* Advanced radar techniques (e.g., bi-static/multi-static radar, MIMO radar)
* PhD or MS degree in Signal Processing, Electrical Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Physics or other relevant engineering discipline
* Experience in adaptive signal processing, spectral estimation, detection theory
* Knowledge of radar systems and processing
* Strong scientific computing skills (Matlab, Python)
* Ability to obtain Security clearance
Systems & Technology Research (STR) is a rapidly growing technology company with locations north of Boston, MA, Arlington, VA and near Dayton, OH. We specialize in advanced research and development for defense, intelligence, and national security, trying to understand how to protect our society: from stopping malicious botnet attacks, to understanding cyber vulnerabilities, providing next generation sensors, radar, sonar, communications, and electronic warfare to developing artificial intelligence algorithms and analytics to make sense of the complexity that is exploding around us.
STR is committed to creating a collaborative learning environment that supports deep technical understanding and recognizes the contributions and achievements of all team members. Our work is challenging, but you go home at night knowing that you pushed the forefront of technology and made the world a little safer. We recognize that the world is changing, that it is becoming more connected than ever before, making things change faster than before, and reshaping society in the process. We all want to understand this changing world and leave it better for our work.
We’re not just any company. Our people, culture, and attitude along with their unique set of skills, experiences, and perspectives put us on a trajectory to change the world. We can’t do it alone, though – we need fellow trailblazers. If you are one, join our team and help to keep our society safe!
STR is an equal opportunity employer. We are fully dedicated to hiring the most qualified candidate regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation and pregnancy), marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any portion of the employment process, email us at and provide your name, phone number and email address.
Pursuant to applicable federal law and regulations, positions at STR require employees to obtain national security clearances and satisfy the requirements for compliance with export control and other applicable laws