R&D Cosmetic Chemist Lab Manager
Super Scientific Labs
Miami Gardens, Florida
Expiry Date :
Sun, 20 Jun 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
We are a full-service private label company. Our capacities include private label cosmetics, toiletries, OTC, health/beauty, hair care, household, and skin care products. Our facility operates a full-service laboratory, product development, manufacturing, filling, and shipping/warehouse/fulfillment departments. We formulate and develop high quality products, can customize existing formulas, improve existing formulas, develop new products and duplicate leading products.
We are looking for a full time experienced, passionate, and talented R&D Cosmetic Chemist Lab Manager with knowledge on formulating personal care and cosmetic products.
* Oversee R&D Lab duties to ensure performance and product requirements meet expectations
* Coach and mentor formulators and lab technicians
* Develop and execute timelines and deadlines
* Assist Chemist on a daily basis as needed/requested (formulations, research, admin, etc.).
* Test and approve all incoming raw materials.
* Verifies accuracy and provides approval for Compounder (quantities, unit of measure, lot numbers, location, processing steps, ingredient addition to batch, etc.)
* Create and maintain all the necessary documentation in order to develop and commercialize the products (lab notebooks, specifications, technical test methods/data, etc.)
* Conduct testing for all products developed (efficacy, stability, etc.)
* Manage, organize, and maintain all appropriate lab paperwork.
* Maintain & Organize all incoming Lab Raw Materials.
* Training/Assist on making small lab batches.
* Cleans and verifies cleanliness of all equipment and utensils.
* Must be able to follow Good Laboratory Practice (GLP).
* Must be hands-on in the laboratory and have experience with the operation of basic lab equipment.
* 3+ years experience of cosmetic/personal care products.
* Bachelors degree in Chemistry or related science field required. Masters degree preferred.
* Formulation experience in developing Hair Care, Personal Care, Fragrance, & Skin-care products such as, natural/clean Products, creams, lotions, waxes, non-aerosol, etc. using reverse engineer method, product duplication, and developing new product innovation.
* Good technical foundation of formulated products including emulsions, surfactants, suspensions, structured liquids, and an understanding of material chemistry is preferred.
* Technical knowledge of chemistry, polymers, colorants, emulsions, surfactants, and other raw materials used in the cosmetic industry.
* Ability to work independently and as part of a matrix team with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
* Project and Program Management: Sets clear objectives for project initiatives while monitoring and measuring progress and results. Understands end to end processes required to get things done; respects decision rights; delivers initiatives on time and on budget; and manages resources required to achieve results. Knows how to motivate people and prioritize activities.
* Extremely detail-oriented.
* Must be a team player, creative and highly motivated.
* Must be able to perform the essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation without posing a direct threat to the individual or others.