R&D (New Product Development) Technologist
The Hut Group
Expiry Date :
Tue, 15 Jun 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
THG is one of the worlds fastest growing and largest online retailers. We have over a decade of experience building and growing brands in the Beauty and Wellness sectors, in over 160 markets. We create brilliant digital brand experiences and our in-house team design, develop and build a bespoke proprietary technology platform that is used by hundreds of millions of people worldwide. With a world-class business, a proprietary technology platform, and disruptive business model, our ambition is to be the global digital leader.
Our culture is fast-paced and ambitious we like to move twice as fast others believe to be possible. This belief is a fundamental part of the DNA that has supported our incredible growth. Our people are our strength and we have over 7,000 diverse, smart thinkers across the globe who are encouraged to think creatively and empowered to turn their ideas into actions.
To support our ambitious growth, we are looking for commercially astute, ambitious individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG and play a part in driving the Group forward on its truly exciting journey.
Due to rapid and sustained global growth across our Nutrition & Diet (myprotein) business we are looking for a highly capable, experienced NPD Technologist with a Sports Nutrition or Food Science background to join the team in our Kentucky site.
We are currently hiring for a R&D (New Product Development) technologist. The role will involve building out the most expansive supplement range across North America, across key categories such as meal replacement, beauty and performance. Working alongside key suppliers, the role will involve gathering insights to drive this product development. The role will then involve project managing the range alongside key stakeholders internally, through procurement, compliance, brand and creative teams.
Responsibilities will include:
* Assist in developing product concepts for both internal and external NPD
* Integrate new product into production and the warehouse
* Ensure products meet US regulatory and FDA standards with an understanding of US labelling standards.
* Assist in the formulation of new products to be manufactured in our state-of-the-art facility
* Running and participating in taste panels and organoleptic product reviews
* Analyse and consolidate market research and consumer insights
* Formulate products in line with consumer insights, that have approved claims
* Project manage effectively, communicating clearly with procurement, compliance, brand and creative teams
* Creating product specifications, including correct nutritional information, make up directions, net weight claims and verify proper label claims for your products
* Briefing suppliers on new ingredients – working to technical, operational and commercial constraints
* Supporting other teams to bring products to successful launch
* Approving packaging and product compliance
* Researching and reporting on current market trends to drive innovation and newness into the category
* Bachelor’s degree (BS) in Food Science, Nutrition/Dietetics, or other relevant science degree.
* 1-2 years’ experience in the food or nutritional supplement industry.
* Experience in flavor science, product and formula development.
* Familiarity with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and regulation for Dietary Supplements and food.
* Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook).
* Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
* Good laboratory skills, including scale weighing, conversions of kilogram to pounds, and mathematics.
* Understanding of NPD/R&D processes from concept through to launch
* Enthusiastic and proactive personality, excellent communication skills, working well as part of a team
* Able to work well under pressure and deliver to strict deadlines
* Interest in fitness, weight management/supplements, health & wellbeing
* Understanding of industry standards and compliance
Competitive Salary + Benefits
Unfortunately because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, we are sometimes unable to respond to every application. If you haven’t heard from us within 14 days of applying, please consider your application to have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions within THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.