Reliability & Validation Test Engineer
Mountain View, California
Expiry Date :
Sun, 13 Dec 2020 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
Bring your wide range of expertise to provide reliability and validation testing solutions for Matternet. The position will split their time between developing, executing and outsourcing reliability and validation testing activities on multiple projects in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment.
Internally, youll interact with individuals from nearly every Engineering discipline, including mechanical, electrical, (embedded) SW, HW, mechatronic, robotic, systems, design. Externally, youll be planning and working with third party test labs on outsourced testing to ensure those tests meet our expectations.
Our ideal new teammate has a strong test development & testing background supporting reliability, EVT and DVT related tests. You will be involved in troubleshooting issues arising from the tests, along with supporting the cause & effect analysis and eventual root cause verification tests.
* Develop and implement ground based subsystem and system level verification/validation, durability and life test solutions for our Aircraft and Stations.
* Working with the responsible electrical, mechanical and/or software engineers, you will define, develop and implement test hardware & software to perform tests that will demonstrate performance to specification, margin to specification, cyclic or time based life / durability.
* Provide for the test documentation: procedure, data collection method and output formatting needed for the results analysis, following document control & retention practices
* Provide traceability to standards as required for the measurements involved
* Provide repeatability & measurement accuracy data where applicable
* Build and maintain the test equipment you develop and/or provide detailed specifications with statements of work (SOW) to have the test developed by an outside source
* Execute tests yourself and/or manage support personnel performing the tests.
* Guide engineering/manufacturing change management in the selection and/or modification of tests to verify the effectiveness of the changes being considered
* BS Electrical Engineering
* 8+ years of experience developing and executing engineering subsystem and system level verification/validation and reliability/durability tests of electrical, mechanical and software elements.
* *Equivalent education and experience will be considered
* Experience performing
* Test automation and scripting (e.g., python), data acquisition, etc.
* Environmental tests: Temp/Humidity, rain/dust ingress, altitude, salt fog
* Mechanical stress tests: vibration, impact shock, packaging drops, shipping tests
* Reliability durability & life tests; mission based profile life tests, conditional based cyclic stress tests, design margin, test-to-failure, stress-strength tests
* Data collection and selection of tools for automating the data analysis
* Repeatability & Measurement Accuracy Analysis
* Cause & Effect analysis
* Data mining & analyzing parametric data for key cause & effect factors
* Experience with JIRA, Confluence, G-Suite, Microsoft Suite
* DFMEA for electronics, mechanics, software
* Experience in industries such as: drone avionics / propulsion systems and robotics systems specifically; aerospace or aviation; medical robotics/electronics; autonomous people transport; similar.
* Experience working with Embedded SW Engineers to perform debugging testing issues between the test code/scripts used and tested units HW/SW