Los Angeles, California
Expiry Date :
Sat, 15 May 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
At A2, our mission is to extend the reach of cell therapy to tackle the next frontier in cancer treatment: solid tumors. Our team is dedicated to pushing the boundaries of science to transform medicine and turn the tide on serious illness. Central to achieving this mission is our focus on recruiting the best talent and building an environment that enables our team to do the best work of their careers and make an impact on patients and society at large.
The Therapeutic Technology team is seeking a highly motivated Research Associate with experience in biochemistry, cell and molecular biology, immunology and/or assay development. This role will help us to deliver company goals in respect to clinical candidates and technology development. Tasks will involve, but not be limited to, molecular cloning, cell culture, T cell manipulation and characterization, a variety of cell-based assays, as well as genome editing using CRISPR. The successful candidate will join us at our research facility in Agoura Hills, CA and will work on cutting edge science in a dynamic, fast-paced and team-oriented environment.
Responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
* Work with our scientists to design and perform cutting-edge immuno-oncology related cell-based experiments using our novel Tmod cell therapy platform to develop treatments for solid tumors.
* Collaborate to select, profile and advance clinical candidates in a scientifically rigorous manner.
* Stay current on the state of the immunotherapy field.
* Work under their supervisor’s guidance, both independently and collaboratively, to implement novel laboratory processes and solve technical problems
* Masters degree OR
* Bachelors degree & 2+ years of scientific experience
* Experience with mammalian cell culture is required.
* Knowledge and hands-on experience in molecular biology and cell-based assays is a plus.
* Degree in science including biology, immunology, biotechnology or a related discipline.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills; able to thrive in a cross-functional collaborative environment.
* Highly detail oriented and able to multitask around various projects.
* Demonstrated ability and desire to learn and work independently.
* Self-motivated, innovative team player with willingness to take on different work assignments and deliver results.
At A2 we believe in investing in our team. Our benefits programs are just one of the many ways we strive to help our employees take care of themselves and their families. We offer a variety of programs, from comprehensive medical insurance to generous time off policies designed to help meet the needs of our diverse team.
* Competitive base salary and annual incentive opportunities
* Equity participation
* Comprehensive health and welfare benefits (including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and accident insurance)
* Wellness and recognition programs
* Paid time off and holidays
* Flexible work arrangements
* Environment where professional development is actively encouraged and supported.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
A2 is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.