Research Associate- Analytical Development and Characterization
South San Francisco, California
Expiry Date :
Sun, 20 Jun 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
No relocation candidates, only local candidates will be considered
Parvus Therapeutics is pioneering a novel class of disease-specific, non-immunosuppressive biologics called NavacimsTM that are designed to halt and potentially cure autoimmune disease and other inflammatory disorders by restoring immune tolerance.
The Navacim technology platform is generating a rich pipeline of therapeutic candidates to address a wide range of inflammatory diseases. Our most advanced programs target Type 1 Diabetes (T1D) and autoimmune liver diseases. POC and efficacy in animals has been established not only for these two programs but also for multiple sclerosis (MS) and inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). Drug candidates have also been identified for celiac disease with others in earlier stages of research. Parvus has entered into a worldwide collaboration and license agreement with Genentech covering three of these programs: autoimmune liver, IBD, and celiac. In support of our partnership, Parvus is expanding to on-board the additional resources necessary to advance these programs to the clinic.
Navacims are comprised of iron oxide nanoparticles coated with disease-relevant peptide-major histocompatibility complex (pMHCs) proteins. Navacims trigger significant reduction in disease-associated inflammation without effecting general immunity thru the induction and abundant systemic expansion of disease-specific type 1 regulatory T (TR1) cells resulting in profound and durable therapeutic efficacy as assessed in preclinical disease models.
Our commercial strategy for Navacims follows a mix of corporate partnering and equity financing to support Parvus sponsored internal R&D. We have completed the buildout and start-up of new office and laboratory facilities in South San Francisco. The Parvus management team combines decades of experience in start-ups and biopharma, with demonstrated success in commercializing drugs from concept to market. We are seeking extraordinary and ambitious individuals who share our drive and desire to transform medicine.
The Position: Research Associate Analytical Development and Characterization
The Research Associate will provide technical expertise to drive analytical development and conjugation process understanding for the characterization of novel therapeutic agents derived from coupling recombinant pMHC protein to a nanoparticle (the resulting drug is referred to as a Navacim). The role requires expertise in the development and execution of analytical methods including, but not limited to, spectrophotometry, chromatography, electrophoresis, and light scattering assays as related to characterization and release/stability testing of pMHCs and Navacims. The Research Associate will work closely with Research and Development colleagues to provide detailed characterization to enable robust protein and Navacim production, as well as process and formulation development.
Compensation and title will be commensurate with experience level.
Responsibilities and duties include:
* Perform analytical testing to enable protein and Navacim production, as well as process formulation development across Parvus R&D groups
* Develop analytical methods for characterization and release/stability testing of recombinant proteins, nanoparticles, and nanoparticle-protein conjugates
* Participate in all aspects of laboratory operation and organization including instrument maintenance, ordering, scheduling, and inventory
* Document experiments and author reports according to company protocols
* Present data internally and externally as needed
* Work with CMC and Parvus cross-functional Development in the planning and coordination of CMC activities
* Comply with employee and environmental safety company guidelines
* A Bachelors or Masters degree in biochemistry, chemistry, life sciences, or equivalent with 2+ years of relevant experience
* Experience with plate-based and spectrophotometric assays, including sample preparation, data acquisition, and data analysis
* Experience with a variety of analytical methods, such as HPLC (SEC, RPC, IEC), electrophoresis (SDS-PAGE, Native PAGE, IEF), and light scattering (DLS) for the characterization of recombinant proteins
* Experience with the characterization of proteins
* Experience with the characterization of protein conjugates, fusion proteins, and/or glycans is highly desirable
* Interest and ability to apply analytical chemistry skills to a novel biological nanomedicine drug construct
* Capable of independently troubleshooting data and proposing novel approaches or corrective experimental designs
* Organized and detail oriented, possessing excellent record-keeping skills
* Able to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritize work, and adapt quickly to shifting project needs
* Collaborative attitude, energetic, and strong team player, capable of working well within the CMC team and with other cross-functional groups
* A basic understanding of control system strategy, regulatory requirements, method validation, and quality documentation is highly desirable