Research Associate I-II
Expiry Date :
Fri, 18 Dec 2020 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
Purigen Biosystems, Inc., a Venture-backed, life science tools start-up company in the San Francisco bay area, is seeking an experienced Research Associate to join our Product Development team. The Research Associate will be responsible for growing and maintaining various cell lines for quality control and product validation testing and performing a variety of tests on our unique Sample Preparation Instrument. This is a hands-on position for the highly qualified, self-motivated candidate who wants to enable cutting-edge life sciences technologies in a fast-paced, start-up environment.
* Execute new and standard protocols for performance testing of Purigens custom Sample Preparation platform, including instrumentation and microfluidic chip prototypes
* Set-up and execute bioanalytical QC assays, including qPCR, RT-qPCR, fragment sizing (e.g. Bioanalyzer assays) and nucleic acid quantitation assays (e.g. Nanodrop, Qubit)
* Record laboratory data, perform data analyses (e.g. in Excel) and prepare data presentations (e.g. in Powerpoint) for team review
* B.S. in Molecular Biology, Biology, Biochemistry or similar life sciences discipline with a minimum of 1-3 years working experience in the Biotech industry.
* Must be able/willing to work with potentially hazardous equipment, chemicals and BSL-2 biologicals (e.g. whole human blood or blood products, human cell lines).
* Skilled in handling and extraction of DNA and/or RNA from various human sample types including cultured cells, bodily fluids and tissue desired but not required.
* Experience using Python for data analysis desired but not required.
* Strong time-management skills including ability to effectively multitask, and work in a fast-paced environment.
* Possess strong verbal and written communication skills and be able to document all work clearly and completely.
* Computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.