Research Associate I/II – Drug Discovery
Tenaya Therapeutics, Inc.
South San Francisco, California
Expiry Date :
Tue, 15 Jun 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
Tenaya Therapeutics is a preclinical-stage, Series C, privately-held biopharmaceutical company that is shaping the future of heart disease treatment driven by a bold mission: to discover, develop and deliver curative therapies that address the underlying drivers of disease. Tenaya is developing therapies for rare genetic disorders as well as for more prevalent heart conditions through three platforms: Gene Therapy, Regeneration and Precision Medicine. Founded by leading cardiology researchers at the Gladstone Institutes and UT Southwestern, Tenaya is backed by a top-tier syndicate of investors, including The Column Group, Casdin Capital, RA Capital, RTW, Fidelity, T Rowe Price, GV and others. Tenaya Therapeutics currently has 75+ full-time employees (not including consultants) and is headquartered in South San Francisco, California, USA. For more information, please visit [ and follow us on LinkedIn [
Diversity & Inclusion is a core Value for Tenaya Therapeutics and we encourage those from under-represented communities to apply.
Research Associate I/II Drug Discovery
* Execute a diverse range of cell-based and biochemical assays to characterize lead molecules and evaluate target function
* Employ cutting edge molecular, cell, and biochemistry techniques to enhance drug discovery efforts
* Support new target discovery for genetic cardiomyopathies using iPSC-derived cardiomyocytes
* Present findings in both small and large group company meetings
* A Bachelors or Masters degree in Biology, Biochemistry, or related discipline with at least 1 year of relevant experience
* Prior experience with mammalian cell culture and standard molecular techniques
* Experience culturing human pluripotent stem cells and/or primary cells is a plus
* Strong motivation and passion for science
* A positive attitude and ability to build open and collaborative relationships
* Effective at managing multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment and a keen attention to detail
We offer a dynamic start-up environment and a collaborative, passionate team that is focused on a compelling vision and mission.
We offer competitive salary and stock options. Excellent medical and non-medical benefits. Paid vacation, sick time and holidays.
State-of-the-art, built-to-suit office and lab space, part of a larger cluster of biotech companies, with amenities that include a bowling alley and onsite gym.
Shuttle service to/from Caltrain, BART and the South San Francisco Ferry.
Tenaya is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.