Research Associate I / II, Gene Therapy
Tenaya Therapeutics, Inc.
South San Francisco, California
Expiry Date :
Sun, 27 Jun 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
Tenaya Therapeutics is a preclinical-stage, Series C, privately-held biopharmaceutical company backed by The Column Group.
Tenaya Therapeutics is a preclinical-stage, Series C, privately-held biopharmaceutical company that is shaping the future of heart disease treatment driven by a bold mission: to discover, develop and deliver curative therapies that address the underlying drivers of disease. Tenaya is developing therapies for rare genetic disorders as well as for more prevalent heart conditions through three platforms: Gene Therapy, Regeneration and Precision Medicine. Founded by leading cardiology researchers at the Gladstone Institutes and UT Southwestern, Tenaya is backed by a top-tier syndicate of investors, including The Column Group, Casdin Capital, RA Capital, RTW, Fidelity, T Rowe Price, GV and others. Tenaya Therapeutics currently has 75+ full-time employees (not including consultants) and is headquartered in South San Francisco, California, USA. For more information, please visit [ and follow us on LinkedIn [
Tenaya encourages those from under-represented communities to apply.
Tenaya has an immediate need for a Research Associate I/II to support the Gene Therapy team. Tenaya is seeking a creative, self-motivated individual with a passion for experimental science and teamwork. The ideal candidate is a self-starter and problem-solver who will work closely with the team to drive the companys future success.
* Execute a diverse range of molecular biology, cell biology, and biochemistry assays to support the research of gene therapy targets
* Perform molecular biology work, virus production, and cell-based transduction assay to support the development of novel capsids
* Record, analyze, and summarize experimental data
* Present findings in both small and large group company meetings
* A Bachelors or Masters degree in Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Biochemistry, or related discipline with at least 1 year of laboratory experience
* Prior experience with standard molecular techniques
* Cell culture or histology experience is a plus
* Excellent learning ability, capable of adapting to a question-driven, fast-paced research environment
* Strong motivation and passion for science, along with the ability to build open and collaborative relationships
We offer a dynamic start-up environment and a collaborative, passionate team that is focused on a compelling vision and mission.
We offer competitive salary and stock options. Excellent medical and non-medical benefits. Paid vacation, sick time and holidays.
State-of-the-art, built-to-suit office and lab space, part of a larger cluster of biotech companies, with amenities that include a bowling alley and onsite gym.
Shuttle service to/from Caltrain, BART and the South San Francisco Ferry.
Tenaya is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.