Research Associate II, Viral Vector Manufacturing
Tenaya Therapeutics, Inc.
South San Francisco, California
Expiry Date :
Mon, 21 Jun 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
Tenaya Therapeutics is a preclinical-stage, Series C, privately-held biopharmaceutical company that is shaping the future of heart disease treatment driven by a bold mission: to discover, develop and deliver curative therapies that address the underlying drivers of disease. Tenaya is developing therapies for rare genetic disorders as well as for more prevalent heart conditions through three platforms: Gene Therapy, Regeneration and Precision Medicine. Founded by leading cardiology researchers at the Gladstone Institutes and UT Southwestern, Tenaya is backed by a top-tier syndicate of investors, including The Column Group, Casdin Capital, RA Capital, RTW, Fidelity, T Rowe Price, GV and others. Tenaya Therapeutics currently has 75+ full-time employees (not including consultants) and is headquartered in South San Francisco, California, USA. For more information, please visit [ and follow us on LinkedIn [
Tenaya encourages those from under-represented communities to apply.
We are seeking a motivated Research Associate for our Technical Operations, Process Development Group. In this role, you will perform key production characterization activities to support Upstream Process Development; assay and analysis of data; routine productions; troubleshoot and optimize assay operations; onboard new characterization methods to determine precursor and in-process material purity and identity; perform housekeeping tasks such as lab equipment maintenance and supply ordering. The ideal candidate for this role will have assay operation and data analysis experience looking to shift their career track to process development.
* Perform and report assay analysis for PD Upstream experimental samples including ddPCR, Infectivity assays, protein quality and quantification
* Support production activities for rBV and rAAV manufacturing from exploratory investigations to standardized pilot scale process
* Seed train maintenance
* Laboratory and instrument maintenance
* Assist in the development of new characterization methods in collaboration with supervisor
* Troubleshoot bottlenecks and assay variability in collaboration with supervisor
* Maintain necessary laboratory notebook, supplies, equipment, and space, prepare media and buffers.
* M.S. with 1+ years of experience or B.S. with 2+ years of experience in related industry
* Knowledge of general (bio) chemistry, cellular and molecular biology laboratory techniques
* Experience performing some of the relevant assays outlined above and analytical data reporting
* Competent in micro pipetting
* Excellent aseptic techniques
* Good oral and written communication
* Attention to detail.
* Open minded attitude that start-up team environments require an assortment of skill and a high level of commitment
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
* Experience in cellular and non-cellular based 96 well plate assay setup
* Experience with shake flask and adherent cell culture
* Familiarity with the production or testing of viral vectors for gene therapy applications.
* Experience in writing and reviewing technical procedures
We offer a dynamic start-up environment and a collaborative, passionate team that is focused on a compelling vision and mission.
We offer competitive salary and stock options. Excellent medical and non-medical benefits. Paid vacation, sick time and holidays.
State-of-the-art, built-to-suit office and lab space, part of a larger cluster of biotech companies, with amenities that include a bowling alley and onsite gym.
Shuttle service to/from Caltrain, BART and the South San Francisco Ferry.
Tenaya is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.