Research Associate / Scientist- Molecular Biology
San Diego, California
Expiry Date :
Sat, 24 Apr 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
Plexium is a San Diego-based targeted protein degradation drug discovery company whose purpose is to discover and develop impactful therapies changing the course of human disease. We are a close-knit team of drug discovery and engineering experts using pioneering platform technologies to discover and develop transformative new drug modalities. Plexium has an open work environment with a positive, friendly, and collaborative culture. We are committed to fostering innovation and encouraging cross-functional collaboration and supporting the growth and development of our team members.
We are seeking Research Associate to Scientist level individuals to become a part our Assay Development team. Youll join a small R&D team that is responsible for designing and implementing new assays on Plexiums DelPhe platform to push the horizons of ultra-high throughput screening. Specifically, we are seeking skilled experimentalists and passionate individuals to help further Plexiums custom transcriptomics assays and fully leverage the power of NGS for drug discovery.
Because we are open to hiring these positions at a variety of levels, the required skills will be relative to the level of the position.
BASIC RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
* Design and execute experiments, analyze data using Excel and statistical tools, interpret and present results.
* Run mammalian cell based screening assays using Plexiums DelPhe platform
* Perform custom NGS library prep
* Contribute to the development of SOPs and, for more senior level hires, contribute to training junior staff.
* Collaborate effectively with colleagues in biochemistry, engineering, bioinformatics, and chemistry.
RESPONSIBILITIES FOR MORE SENIOR CANDIDATES MAY INCLUDE:
* Gain a detailed understanding of the DelPhe platform and all existing screening assays.
* Work independently to improve upon existing DelPhe platform assays
* Collaborate with other team members to design and develop new assays for the DelPhe platform that are robust enough to be integrated into drug screening efforts
* Must have an understanding of and strong bench skills in molecular biology. Experience with qPCR is required for all candidates.
* Must have mammalian cell culture experience.
* Scientist level candidates will be expected to have experience with NGS sample/library prep and. Experience with RNASeq will be highly regarded.
* Interest in developing and troubleshooting novel molecular biology assays, experience in these areas will be expected of senior candidates.
* Ability to work independently and apply learned knowledge.
* Detail oriented, strong verbal and written communication skills
* Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage
* Generous vacation policy
* Stock options