Research Associate/Senior Reseach Associate – In Vivo Immunology R&D
South San Francisco, California
Expiry Date :
Fri, 26 Mar 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
Parvus Therapeutics is pioneering a breakthrough class of disease-specific, non-immunosuppressive biologics called Navacims that are designed to treat and potentially cure autoimmune disease and other inflammatory disorders by restoring immune tolerance. Navacims are comprised of iron oxide nanoparticles coated with disease-relevant peptide-major histocompatibility complex (pMHCs) proteins. Therapeutic use of Navacims trigger significant reduction in disease-associated inflammation without effecting general immunity through the induction and systemic expansion of disease-specific type 1 regulatory T (TR1) cells resulting in profound and durable therapeutic efficacy as assessed in preclinical disease models.
Parvus recently announced that it had entered into a worldwide collaboration and license agreement with Genentech covering three programs: Autoimmune Liver Disease, Inflammatory Bowel Disease, and Celiac Disease. In support of this partnership and internal program efforts, Parvus is expanding to on-board the additional resources necessary to advance our programs to the clinic.
We are seeking a Research Associate (2-3 years) or Senior Research Associate (5+ years) to join the Parvus Immunology Group to conduct _in vivo/ex vivo _animal studies for our various therapeutic area projects and help drive preclinical projects enabling the development of Navacims toward clinical evaluation. This is a hands-on position that will give the candidate a complete end-to-end experience of _in vivo_ experiments, including _ex vivo_ downstream assays assessing resultant pharmacodynamic effects. The desired candidate will be someone who has extensive rodent research animal experience (mice), preferably including NSG and autoimmune mouse models, and has an interest in using _in vivo_ models to investigate Navacim-induced therapeutic efficacy and characterize mechanisms of action. Compensation and title commensurate with experience.
* Hands-on _in_ _vivo_ work (IV, IP, PO, blood collection, necropsy)
* Lymph node and tissue dissection experience highly desired
* Responsible for in-house conduct and development of humanized-NSG and mouse autoimmune disease models in conjunction with therapeutic area project team leads
* Coordinate and participate in post-takedown tissue collection and processing _ex vivo_ assays such as flow cytometry, ELISpot, ELISAs, cell culture and stimulation assays, cell sorting, TCR sequencing and scRNA-seq
* Contribute proactively to cross-functional activities across research groups and with other departments as needed
* Document experiments and write study reports according to company policies and good documentation practices
* Present data at internal meetings
* Comply with company guidelines covering employees expectations and laboratory/vivarium safety policies
* A Bachelors in the sciences, veterinary medicine, immunology, or a related discipline, with extensive _in vivo/ex vivo _experience and proficiency in mice techniques used in animal research studies
* Must have experience with mouse disease models and/or with humanized-NSG mice; hands-on work with mouse autoimmune disease models is a strong plus
* Comfortable working with and conducting drug candidate testing using rodent models, primarily mice, with _in vivo_ manipulations and downstream _ex vivo_ assays
* A working knowledge of autoimmunity and immunology concepts is a plus
* Knowledge of current immunological techniques (flow cytometry, cell culture-based assays, ELISpot/ELISA, cell sorting, NGS sequencing)
* Ability to independently investigate new methodologies and troubleshoot data; able to propose improved approaches and corrective experimental designs
* Experience or working knowledge of scRNA-seq, multi-cytokine assays (Luminex), and translational biomarker development a plus
* Creative and decisive while performing in a collaborative manner according to corporate objectives
* Able to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to changes under short notice with a proactive and collaborative mindset
* Behaves professionally and empathetically towards colleagues
Parvus Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Parvus is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.