Research Development Laboratory Deputy Project Manager I
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Expiry Date :
Fri, 06 Nov 2020 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
Research & Development Laboratory Deputy Project Manager I
Company: Ball Aerospace
Albuquerque, NM, US, 87106
Date: Oct 4, 2020
Job Category: Engineering/ Technical
Req. ID: 1430
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Systems Engineering Solutions Strategic Business Unit provides advanced systems engineering and technology applications for intelligence and information enterprises. These applications and solutions deliver enterprise data management, data analytics, modeling and simulation, and technology assessment capabilities that are used to create products that offer actionable information in support of warfighters and decision makers.
Research & Development Laboratory Deputy Project Manager I
Ball Aerospace is currently recruiting for an established technical manager to contribute to our growing science and technology, research-focused organization in Albuquerque, New Mexico. The successful candidate will work in a well-equipped laboratory specializing on laser interactions with materials, components and system. Typical activities include daily coordination between customers, project teams, laboratory support staff (~10) and other stakeholders; plan, execute and monitor laboratory operations; contribute to technical operations with distinction.
What you’ll do:
– In coordination with the primary Ball Laboratory Program Manager, provide leadership and coordination between Government customers, Ball personnel, subcontractors and other stakeholders to plan and achieve laboratory activities.
– Thoroughly understand assigned project goals and technical objectives and be able to identify and develop test recommendations and strategies to meet those goals.
– Prepare and present formal briefings for project reviews, results presentations, or test planning.
– Direct the day-to-day activities of technical teams of Ball or subcontractor staff to achieve project goals, and deliver results (test plans, safety plans, test result presentations and compliance reports) in a timely manner.
– Serve as a back-up to the primary Ball Laboratory Program Manager when necessary.
– Develop, advocate, and secure sponsorship of key projects to facilitate laboratory improvements.
– Manage financial expenditures to operate within budget and schedule constraints to meet project goals.
– Establish and maintain constructive relationships with customer management and personnel to ensure conformance with project requirements.
– Proactively communicate with your manager and/or customer regarding the status of projects and progress toward milestones. Assist in identifying conflicts or problems, understanding requirements and making recommendations or solutions.
– Promote development of a strong team by participation in key aspects of the project and mentoring more junior team members. When delegating, establish clear expectations by providing well-defined tasks with clear entrance/exit criteria, due dates, and associated budgets.
– Generate cost estimates and schedules.
– Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
– Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
– Perform other duties as necessary.
What you’ll need:
– BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 8 or more years related experience.
– Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
– MS in Science or Engineering, and/or PhD degree is preferred.
– Demonstrated experience in laser technology preferred.
– Strong organizational and coordination skills.
– Excellent written and oral communication skills.
– Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
– May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
– May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
– Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Future Clearance Required:
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is available.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Nearest Major Market: Albuquerque