Expiry Date :
Mon, 16 Nov 2020 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
Who are we, and what do we do?
Corteva Agriscience is the only major agriscience company in the world completely dedicated to agriculture. Our purpose is to enrich the lives of those who produce and those who consume, ensuring progress for generation to come. Our inspiration is to be a market shaper, driving the next generation of agriculture products that help farms and farmers flourish and through partnering with society becoming the most trusted partner in the global agriculture and food community.
With a global footprint and over 20,000 employees, Corteva is building the future of agriculture and leading breakthroughs in the innovation and application of science and technology that will better the lives of people all over the world and fuel the progress of humankind.
Corteva Agriscience has an exciting opportunity for a Research Microbiologist in the Microbial Optimization group in Crop Protection Discovery located in Indianapolis, IN. We are looking for a technical leader who will serve as an interdisciplinary microbiology subject matter expert to enable the discovery and development of new and existing Natural Products with agricultural applications.
Responsibilities – How will you help us grow?
– Provide laboratory expertise related to mutagenesis, microbial screening, and scale up of microbial cultures from micro-scale to multiple liter scales.
– Develop and execute research strategies for media development, seed train protocols, and process optimization at small scale designed to deliver strains to manufacturing.
– Define screening and selection criteria across multiple microbial screening platforms.
– Lead identification and implementation of emerging technology to improve microbial fermentation performance and accelerate strain development goals.
– Serve as microbiology subject matter expert on strain development programs for diverse fermentation-based products.
– Collaborate cross-functionally with scientists from fermentation research, process development, systems biology, metabolic engineering, and manufacturing.
– Provide technical leadership and mentoring to other scientists.
– Deliver internal and external presentations and publications.
Requirements – What You’ll Bring
– Ph.D. in Microbiology (or related field) with a minimum of 2 years of relevant research experience in an industrial microbiology or small-scale fermentation group, or
– M.S. in Microbiology (or related field) with a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in an industrial microbiology or small-scale fermentation group, or
– B.S. in Microbiology (or related field) with a minimum of 15 years of relevant experience in an industrial microbiology or small-scale fermentation group.
– Proven research experience with microbiological systems at small scale such as microtiter plates and/or shake flasks.
– Experience in advancement of microbial processes from small-scale development to larger scale bioreactors.
– Preferred candidates have experience with diverse filamentous microorganisms.
– Preferred candidates have experience with optimization of secondary metabolite production.
– A track record of highly effective communication, interpersonal skills, and teamwork is essential.
– Ideal candidate must have a track record of self-development and personal leadership.
We care about you and we care that you’re comfortable. While there’s no place like home, Corteva comes close.
Let’s peek at just a few of the advantages to working at Corteva and how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future.
– Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave.
– Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more.
– Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment.
– And much, much more.
Take the next step to #GrowWhatMatters in your career with Corteva and apply today. We look forward to seeing your application.