Massachusetts General Hospital
Expiry Date :
Sun, 08 Nov 2020 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
The Rosenberg Lab at the Massachusetts General Hospital seeks a research technologist to join our team in developing and deploying a new multiplex respiratory virus diagnostic in the Clinical Microbiology lab at MGH.
The individual will work closely with members of the Clinical Microbiology Lab as well as the Sabeti Lab at the Broad Institute to validate and deploy a multiplexed diagnostic assay for respiratory viruses. A short-term goal of this position is to develop a CLIA certified LDT, as well as move quickly towards an Emergency Use Authorization for SARS-Cov2 detection.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
– Contribute to the development of a CLIA certified LDT, as well as the rapid advancement towards an Emergency Use Authorization for SARS-Cov2 detection.
– Will be responsible for designing and conducting, such as limit of detection experiments and specificity testing.
– Responsible for complex experiments that may encompass nucleic acid extraction and multiplexed PCR amplification
– Prepares Cas13 detection reactions and uses Fluidigm machines for readout
– Performs data analysis and presenting results to the team
– Provides training & support to other members of the Microbiology Lab on the multiplexed assay
– Directly assists in testing patient samples in response to the clinical needs of MGH & the Microbiology Laboratory
– Other duties as assigned and appropriate to the level of the role
Bachelor’s degree is a related field of science; Requires 3+ years of directly related and progressively more responsible experience. Additional experience in microfluidics and/or viral diagnostics are a plus but not required.
– Knowledge of basic and advanced lab equipment functionality and capability, including skills necessary for basic operation and maintenance.
– Ability to work independently and as a team member
– Analytical skills and ability to independently resolve technical problems
– Ability to critically interpret acceptability of data results
– Advanced knowledge of data management programs
– High degree of computer literacy
– Demonstrated excellence in research techniques and methodologies
– Excellent teamwork and communication skills.
– Good organizational skills to handle multiple tasks in a busy environment.
– High degree of self-motivation and interest in a career in medicine or science.
– Ability to display initiative to introduce innovations is key, as well as the ability to identify problems and develop solutions that arise in the research
Massachusetts General Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. Applications from protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged.
MA-Boston-MGH Main Campus
MGH Main Campus (MGHMAIN)
55 Fruit Street
MGH Main Campus
55 Fruit Street
Massachusetts General Hospital(MGH)
MGH Molecular Pathology
Oct 6, 2020