Robotics Research Scientist – HRI/Teleoperation/Learning
Santa Clara, California
Expiry Date :
Mon, 21 Jun 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
We are looking for passionate individuals to contribute to our R&D projects in the area of physical human-robot interaction and haptic teleoperation. You will work with a multi-disciplinary teams in US Silicon Valley, Singapore and Shanghai to define our next-generation robotic software/hardware platforms.
Day To Day Activities
1. R&D in the areas of force/impedance controls, reactive motion planning, teleoperation, pHRI, shared control and learning from demonstration.
2. Design, maintain and implement new algorithms in C/C++, Python and/or Julia environments.
3. Develop innovative methods for control, planning and learning algorithms and evaluate their effectiveness
4. Collaborate with roboticists, computer vision scientists and mechanical engineers to develop novel algorithms for our robotic platforms
5. Participate in collaborative research projects with universities, publish research outputs and bring in new theoretical perspectives to the team
1. Ph. D. or highly qualified M. S. candidate in computer science, robotics, engineering or related field.
2. Must have 3+ years of relevant research/work experience of at least two of the following concepts: a) Haptics & teleoperation, b) Coordinated whole body control, c) Learning from demonstration, d) Optimization-based control, e) Motion primitives, f) Task and motion planning
3. Highly proficient in software engineering using C++ & Python/Julia.
4. Good software development experience, including documentation, unit testing and version control.
5. Experienced in Git, CMake and other relevant software engineering tools.
6. Ability to excel in a high-energy team and excellent communication skills are required. Your history of mentoring junior engineers and interns a huge plus.