Scientist, Computational Chemistry
San Diego, California
Expiry Date :
Sat, 24 Apr 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
Plexium is a San Diego-based targeted protein degradation drug discovery company whose purpose is to discover and develop impactful therapies changing the course of human disease. We are a close-knit team of drug discovery and engineering experts using pioneering platform technologies to discover and develop transformative new drug modalities. Plexium has an open work environment with a positive, friendly, and collaborative culture. We are committed to fostering innovation and encouraging cross-functional collaboration and supporting the growth and development of our team members.
The Computational Drug Discovery group is seeking a principal computational scientist/ assistant director interested in applying state-of-the-art structure-based drug design, ligand-based design, and cheminformatics to discover novel small-molecule degraders for life-affecting diseases. You will be an integral member of interdisciplinary drug discovery project teams, where you will apply molecular modeling and data mining to help drive lead discovery, optimization, and development. You will also be involved in helping to improve our best of breed infrastructure of computational chemistry and cheminformatics software and workflows. You will work closely with our DNA encoded Chemistry, Ultra High Throughput Screening, Proteomic/RNA SEQ, and other groups. You will have access to state-of-the-art hardware, software, and infrastructure support in a fast-paced and creative environment. Based in beautiful South San Diego, you will work with Computational Chemistry and Informatics teams who are committed to discovering new medicines to address unmet medical needs. This is a tremendous opportunity to do meaningful work in an exciting, dynamic environment. Experience working closely with medicinal chemists in interactive design sessions is essential.
The successful candidate will have:
* Broad and deep experience with computational chemistry software from companies such as Chemical Computing Group, CDDVault, Schrodinger, StarDrop, SeeSar, and Pipeline Pilot.
* Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills and an ability to work collaboratively in teams.
* An understanding of applying computational techniques to structural and ADM/Tox problems in support of both lead discovery and lead optimization.
* Excellent scientific problem-solving skills and a track record of bringing forward successful innovative solutions to chemistry problems.
* Excellent communication and collaboration skills, and embrace working as part of a multi-disciplinary team in a fast-paced, innovative environment, working to project priorities and deadlines.
Specific Responsibilities include:
* Support new target selection with structural analysis and application of state-of-the-art computational tools.
* Support library design with state-of-the-art computational tools, including library enumeration ad property computation.
* Perform virtual screening and ensure that virtual libraries maintain drug likeness.
* Provide computational ADME/Tox support for lead discovery and Hit-to -lead programs.
* Provide educational support in good medicinal chemical practices and train the Plexium scientific community in the best use of visualization and enumeration tools and their proper interpretation.
* Keep abreast of developments in computational techniques and recommend ne technologies.
* Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage
* Generous vacation policy
* Stock options