Scientist I – Assay Development
San Francisco, California
Expiry Date :
Fri, 11 Jun 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
Miroculus is looking for a motivated, hands-on, Scientist I Assay Development with a strong background in molecular biology to help us design and develop our novel digital microfluidics platform. This position reports to an Assay Development team lead.
At Miroculus our mission is to advance science and improve lives faster, together.
Miroculus uses proprietary digital microfluidics technology to automate and miniaturize the most complex genomic protocols such as NGS library prep, synthetic biology, genome editing, and combinatorial chemistry in a compact, user-friendly system. Our vision is to make the most complex protocols easy and accessible to scientists everywhere.
* Plan, develop and execute advanced molecular biology experiments (i.e. NGS library preparation, qPCR, DNA extraction) using standard laboratory equipment and companys proprietary microfluidic platform
* Analyze and troubleshoot experimental findings
* Keeps a detailed laboratory notebook and summarizes work in research reports and meeting presentations
* Converts newly developed protocols and procedures into SOPs
* Conducts troubleshooting of processes and protocols
* Communicates results during internal meetings.
* Build a positive work environment based on accountability, collaboration and Communication
* M. Sc. degree in molecular biology or a related field and 0-2 years experience in molecular biology laboratory experience, OR
* B.S. degree in molecular biology or a related field and 2-4 years molecular biology laboratory experience
* Experience in DNA/RNA extraction, nucleic acid quantitation and quality analysis.
* Experience in qPCR, bioanalyzer and other nucleic acid analysis techniques.
* Skilled at writing clear plans, reports and Standard Operating Procedures.
* Experienced in framing creative ideas, and independent thinking.
* Desire and drive to work in a fast-paced startup environment.
* Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written and presentation
We offer a rich package of benefits including, medical, dental and vision insurance, Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Commuter Benefits, 401-k plan, Unlimited Vacation, Sick Time and Paid Holidays
Miroculus believes that diversity is a competitive advantage, that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender identity or expression, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, body size or shape, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.