Eurofins USA BioPharma Services
San Diego, California
Expiry Date :
Sun, 28 Mar 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
The scientist III will be part of the San Diego R&D group to execute key innovation projects for driving excellence and quality in drug discovery services.
The San Diego R&D group is responsible for the development of novel biochemical assays using proprietary KINOMEscan platform to measure active site-directed competition binding for diverse target classes, including kinases, bromo-domain proteins, and E3 ligases. In addition, the R&D group is developing novel biochemical technologies to expand Eurofins Discoverys capabilities in the Targeted Protein Degradation drug discovery space.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* As a project lead in the R&D group, design, execute, analyze and troubleshoot novel 384-well based biochemical assays using the KINOMEscan technology, and other novel technologies such as MST (microscale themophoresis).
* Routine design and execution of cloning projects, from sequence verification to protein extraction and Western Blot analysis.
* Routine expert operation of liquid handling robotics, Echo acoustic dispenser, automated plate readers, and qPCR instrumentation.
* Data analysis in Excel and Graphpad Prism.
* Work closely with the biochemical operations team to execute innovative assays from developmental stages to commercial implementation.
* Support the Business unit by contributing to scientific conferences and publications and provide internal marketing material.
* Provide mentorship and training as needed to junior and senior R&D and operations staff.
* Develop and optimize SOPs as part of continuous improvement program, perform routine QC on equipment and new reagent lots, maintain inventory of key reagents.
* Good record keeping in the lab notebook and following SOPs to the letter
* Provide cross-functional support to other departments as required
* Adjusts work hours as needed to meet client deadlines
* Adheres to site employee health and safety (EHS) requirements