Scientist/ Senior Scientist, In Vivo Pharmacology
Expiry Date :
Mon, 14 Dec 2020 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
About KSQ Therapeutics
At KSQ Therapeutics, we seek to understand the role of every human gene in each disease, each tissue, and each cell that we study. This comprehensive approach has resulted in a massive, experimentally derived dataset that we have found to be remarkably predictive of past successes and failures in oncology and immuno-oncology product development. Utilizing this approach, we also identified a number of opportunities for the development of new medicines. As a result, we have aggressively invested in these distinct, highly validated pathways for new drug development with the expectation that the medicines we create may become the next breakthrough products for patients.
Founded in late 2015, KSQ is a preclinical-stage biotech in Kendall Square that has rapidly advanced the field of CRISPR-enabled functional genomics, from in vitro cell autonomous screens to more complex genome-scale screens of immune cells in vivo. The company has expanded the scope of its technology to include multiple cell types and to unlock areas beyond oncology. KSQ is led by a team of accomplished industry experts in drug discovery and development. We maintain a lively and inquisitive environment in the heart of the vibrant Kendall Square neighborhood.
We seek a motivated and team-oriented individual who will be a key contributor to the overall success of KSQs in vivo pharmacology department. The successful candidate will contribute hands-on technical expertise for all aspects of in vivo pharmacology including tumor xenograft, MTD, and PK/PD studies to help evaluate the pharmacology of novel therapeutic agents.
Requirements & Qualifications:
Requires a B.S. with 3-5+ years of experience in pharmacology in an industry setting or MSc with 1-3+ years of drug discovery experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry with the following:
* Demonstrated experience with independent organization and execution of in vivo studies to evaluate tolerability, efficacy and mechanism of action of therapeutic agents.
* Experience in oncology in vivo models including cell culture, compound preparation, and administration (e.g. i.v., s.c., p.o.), syngeneic, CDX, PDX, and orthotopic implantation and measurement, and blood sampling and ex vivo sample preparation.
* 1-3 years of Flow cytometry experience is required.
* Experience in developing and executing ex vivo assays to investigate target and/or therapeutic MOA by flow cytometry, RNA-seq, DNA-NGS is recommended.
* Experience managing pharmacology studies at contract research organizations (CROs) is desirable.
* Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills for participating across functional groups and externally.
The successful candidate will:
* Independently execute on a wide variety of in vivo techniques across multiple projects with delivery of high-quality data.
* Effectively perform data entry and analysis from all studies in a timely manner while communicating experimental results to manager and a wider audience when required.
* Work collaboratively within department and across departments to effectively achieve project goals and timelines.
* Represent in vivo pharmacology on drug discovery teams.
* Understand and implement applicable regulations around animal care/safety/handling.
* Be high energy and open-minded while working in a collaborative, innovative and fun environment.