Scientist/Senior Scientist, R&D
Nano Precision Medical
Expiry Date :
Sun, 20 Jun 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
Nano Precision Medical is an emerging biopharmaceutical company located in Emeryville, CA. We develop very small, sub-dermal drug implants utilizing our proprietary NanoPortal TM technology platform which enables delivery of a broad range of medicines to treat chronic diseases for durations of six months or longer. Our products, designed to address poor adherence, will significantly improve patient’s lives and provide assurance to the physicians who treat them. Come join us.
The research and development team at Nano Precision Medical develops and applies cutting-edge technologies to design and produce controlled release drug delivery implants that dramatically improve the standard of care for chronic disease treatment. We are searching for smart, highly motivated, abnormally curious problem solvers who have a strong technical knowledge base and deep command of foundational scientific and engineering principles to join our research and development team.
In this role, you will contribute to understanding and optimization of drug delivery implants. You will help plan, design and conduct experiments to study implant prototypes, including both in vitro and in vivo. You will develop and refine testing assays and chemistry to improve fidelity with animal models. You will contribute to research directed toward the improvement of existing processes/products, particularly the drug formulation and excipients. You will participate in and guide the initiation, design, and execution of experiments, and generate oral and written reports to communicate results. You will manage and develop junior research associates and scientists.
To be successful in this role, you must be a creative scientist willing to take an unconventional approach. You need to possess a strong drive to learn and discover how things work, be adept at working independently and in collaboration, and be able to quickly build new domain-specific expertise based on your fundamental knowledge and experience. You should have ready, well-honed intuition and grasp of the scientific method that you can support and refine with rigorous analysis and data. You must be pragmatic and able to effectively balance short-term imperatives with long term goals in a fast-paced startup environment.
* Be responsible for putting together detailed experimental plans including scientific rationales, technical approaches, and required resources.
* Work closely with pilot manufacturing team to execute experimental studies and prototype production.
* Collaborate closely with analytical chemistry and product testing team to conduct testing and improve implant testing conditions and assays.
* Plan both in vitro and in vivo studies to investigate new concepts and prototypes.
* Apply scientific expertise in the innovation of in-house materials and the evaluation of technologies. Generate new formulations for testing.
* Write, review and issue technical reports, and other documents for internal and external distribution.
* Ph.D. level education in Chemistry, Physics, Bioengineering, Pharmaceutical sciences, Chemical engineering, Materials Science or related fields.
* 5+ years of applicable experience, preferably industrial experience. Work experience involving drug delivery systems or implants and drug formulations is strongly desired.
* Knowledge of structure-property relationships as it applies to surface attributes of materials and surface interactions with relevant drug molecules are desired.
* Experience in one or more of the following technology areas is desirable: formulation development for peptides, analytical assays and chemistry, dissolution testing assays.
* Work in a collaborative, learning environment with cutting edge technology, research and development
* Flexible scheduling and generous perks
* Medical, Dental, Vision coverage and 401k available
*Please note: At this time, we are unable to sponsor visas.