Scientist/Sr. Scientist: Discovery Biology – Biologics
Expiry Date :
Thu, 22 Jul 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
Orionis Biosciences is looking for experienced scientists to join our transatlantic, interdisciplinary research team and help advance our science, technology and drug discovery & development efforts. This position is based at our headquarters overlooking the Cambridge reservoir in Waltham, MA.
The integrated nature of our discovery approaches, and operating culture, requires uncompromised and well-organized teamwork between talented individuals with diverse skill sets. This applies to all positions across the company. You will be challenged to apply your individual skill sets in team settings to advance project objectives in the most efficient manner possible, and to effectively problem solve – while in the process having the opportunity to expanding your own skill sets, knowledge base, personal growth and career.
The main focus and responsibility of this position is to help advance the companys technology and portfolio in protein-based therapeutics (biologics). This includes advancing existing programs and/or initiating new ones, including coordination and collaboration with colleagues at our research facility in Ghent (Belgium) and external collaborators, as applicable.
General responsibilities include
* Design, production, evaluation and optimization of novel biologics constructs and detailed evaluation of mechanisms of action (in vitro and in vivo) of agents from leads to preclinical development candidates
* Integrate understanding of both biological and medical significance, and pharmaceutical property requirements, in construct and program selection, design and execution
* Diligent program management, including coordination and supervision of internal and external (e.g., CROs) research activities
* Preferably, a Ph.D. in biology-related discipline and relevant drug discovery experience in protein engineering and biologics (3+ years)
* Self-motivating individual, driven by creativity and desire to execute to achieve impact through diligent work ethics, motivated by efficient translation of ideas into experimental execution with the objective to develop mechanism of action-qualified therapeutic products
Specific skill sets we are looking for in applicants include several among the following
* Solid technical, laboratory and experimental skills. Outstanding scientific acumen to drive rational discovery processes and execute in efficient and cost-effective manner
* Strong knowledge base in immunology, oncology or inflammatory disease indications
* Cytokine expertise highly preferable. Understanding of ligand-receptor interaction mechanisms and downstream effects (biochemistry, biophysics and/or cell biology of receptor engagement)
* Technically proficient in recombinant DNA technology, protein engineering, cell biology and immunology-related assays. Familiar with state-of-the art standard laboratory equipment
* Familiar with, or having necessary knowledge base for rapid assimilation of specific immunological assay techniques (flow cytometry, single cell analysis, CyTOF immune profiling assays or other immuno-phenotyping techniques for assessing tumor responses to IO agents etc.)
* Understanding of basic tenets of biologics in vivo pharmacology and upfront considerations to integrate in construct designs (protein t1/2, biodistribution, biotransformation features, immunoreactivity, aspects related to achieving homogenous products for ease of scaling production and other pharmaceutical considerations etc.)
* Familiar with state-of-the art standard laboratory equipment
* Knowledge or interest in integrating automation features in laboratory processes Proven record of scientific accomplishments (preferably in oncology, immunology)
* Ability to multitask and contribute to multiple projects under demanding timelines
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to contribute to, and influence teams in a cross-functional matrix environment