Scientist, Upstream Process Development
City of Newark, California
Expiry Date :
Sun, 06 Dec 2020 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
ATUM is in search of an experienced, hands on bench level, scientist with demonstrated experience and expertise in upstream bioreactor process development, documentation, and method transfer to GMP environments. The successful candidate will have extensive technical knowledge and execution track record with bioreactor set up and maintenance, mass flow settings and the like, as well as other parameters relevant to process scale up. A strong knowledge of CHO cell line development methods, critical product quality attributes, and quality by design principles are expected.
This is a very unique opportunity to play a critical role in the building of a new technical unit within ATUM as well as a team to support the growing business in the future. This will require excellent communications skills, a team-first mindset, and a capacity to multitask many high priority projects and tasks in a high pace environment. In addition, success in this position will follow an ability to not only be able to independently plan and execute experiments and processes, but also work synergistically in a highly matrixed team environment. Although extensive leadership and management experience is not required, it is anticipated that the successful candidate will have this potential.
ATUM is a leading bioengineering solution provider, offering an integrated collection of biotechnology disciplines including proprietary gene design, optimization and synthesis, expression vectors, and platforms for protein expression and engineering. We explore novel applications for synthetic genes and the synergy between efficient gene design and protein optimization technologies. Our tools and solutions are fueling the transformation of biology from discovery science to an engineering discipline. Based on the foundation of our core competencies we are strategically expanding our involvement in more direct biopharmaceutical applications. Our proprietary, transposase based, cell line development and cell engineering platforms together with GMP cell banking are the first steps towards that direction.
The successful candidate:
* strong expertise in CHO cell handling, metabolism, scale up and the like
* has extensive technical knowledge of bioreactor process development from initial set up to project completion and method transfer to third parties
* understands CHO cell-line development and critical parameters for choosing high-performance cell lines
* has significant relevant industry experience with upstream process development
* has excellent communication skills and can work collaboratively within, and across departments
PhD in Biology, Chemical Engineering, Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Biochemistry with 7+ years of relevant experience or MS/BS with 10+ years relevant experience.
This position requires the ability to frequently and repetitively move and/or pour a minimum of 5lbs (up to 25lbs may occasionally be required) as well as other physical activities, including:
* Constantly opening and closing lab receptacles, including removing and adhering plate seals, twisting caps, lifting lids.
* Occasionally ascending/descending a ladder to retrieve lab supplies.
* Constantly positioning self to pour or pipette reagents used for the lab process, including large and small volumes.
* Be part of the next gen bio-tech revolution: Quantitative Biology
* Excellent growth opportunities
* Free catered lunch
* Great benefits package, PTO, Holidays, and more!
* 401(k) & Safe Harbor plan
Plus, dollar-a-day bonus paid at company anniversary!
We encourage qualified veterans to apply.
Phone calls not accepted.