Senior AI Scientific Analyst
Riverside Technology, inc.
College Park, Maryland
Expiry Date :
Sat, 24 Apr 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
Riverside Technology, inc. (Riverside), recognized internationally for providing innovative engineering, science, and information technology solutions to Federal and state agencies, private companies and international organizations, has an immediate opportunity for a Senior AI Scientific Analyst working on site at NOAA/NESDIS/STAR in College Park, Maryland.
The NOAA Center for Satellite Applications and Research (STAR) is the science arm of NOAAs Satellite and Information Services, which acquires and manages the nations environmental satellites. STAR scientists lead efforts to develop, test, validate, and refine the science algorithms needed to drive user-defined products. They also investigate both enhanced and new sensor technology for future NOAA satellite missions and conduct research to examine which products users will need to carry out NOAA’s mission goals. STAR supports the calibration and validation of all data in NOAA’s satellite operations and develops new methods for inter-calibrating data from NOAA polar and geostationary satellites with other satellites in the evolving international system. Additionally, STAR collaboratively develops efficient methods and technology to transfer new products from research to operations.
Riverside is seeking a mid-level to senior AI scientific analyst to support NOAAs Center for Satellite Applications and Research (STAR) and will work with atmospheric scientists on a variety of projects. The work will entail using AI knowledge and expertise to research and develop new and innovative uses of satellite data and to help coordinate efforts between NESDIS/STAR and multiple commercial, university, and/or private partners/companies. It also includes developing product assessment tools, designing and developing scientific applications, code integration, porting, testing and debugging, releasing and maintaining operational code and documenting software applications in both standard and High Performance Cloud Computing (HPC) environments.
* Minimum Master’s degree in computer science, information systems, software engineering, or related field
* 5+ years experience in software development/engineering with a focus on artificial intelligence
* Additional Computer Skills: Fortran 90+, C/C++, Python, IDL, Matlab, Linux shell scripting, Perl, LaTeX, JAVA
* Operating Systems: Linux, Unix, High Performance Computing Platforms
* Experience applying advanced numerical methods, artificial intelligence, machine learning, and neural networks to large datasets using software libraries such as Keras, TensorFlow, and/or PyTorch
* Experience working with large environmental datasets and scientific code is desired
* Experience using software configuration management tools in an operational software team environment (such as Subversion, git, PVCS, etc.)
* Experience with modern software engineering practices
* Ability to effectively communicate technical information and work status accurately and reliably to project leads and managers
* US citizen preferred; Must be able to obtain and maintain a national agency check and background investigation after hire
Riverside is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering very competitive compensation and exceptional employee benefits.