Senior Associate Scientist/Principal Associate Scientist, Preclinical Research
Expiry Date :
Tue, 10 Aug 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
Generation Bio is an innovative genetic medicines company focused on creating a new class of non-viral gene therapy to provide durable, redosable treatments for people living with rare and prevalent diseases. The companys non-viral platform incorporates a proprietary, high-capacity DNA construct called closed-ended DNA, or ceDNA; a cell-targeted lipid nanoparticle delivery system, or ctLNP; and an established, scalable capsid-free manufacturing process. The platform is designed to enable multi-year durability from a single dose of ceDNA and to allow titration and redosing if needed, and our scalable manufacturing process supports our mission to extend the reach of gene therapy to more people, living with more diseases, in more places around the world. Our vision is to make the ravages of genetic disease as imaginary to the next generation as polio feels to children today.
We are a thriving, collaborative, creative community of 120 people with diverse talents, beliefs, and experiences headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
Delve further. Please visit [ follow @generationbio [
Generation Bio seeks an collaborative, versatile, and highly motivated Senior Associate/Principal Associate Scientist to join our Preclinical Research group. For this lab-based position, the successful candidate will be responsible for developing and implementing assays to support disease biology and advance our non viral gene therapy platform, contributing to our liver disease programs from lead optimization to candidate selection.
* Develop and execute assays to assess protein expression and distribution (e.g. immunofluorescence, Western blot, flow cytometry, qPCR) or biological effects (e.g. localization, enzyme activity, signaling pathway activation/inhibition), from tissue samples, plasma/serum, and cell culture lysates
* Conduct in vitro experiments including cell model characterization, transfection, and end point assays
* Design and troubleshoot experiments, analyze data, and interpret results
* Interface with CROs for specific study areas to coordinate research activities
* Document experiments and summarize studies in written reports and oral presentations
* Bachelors or Masters in a related scientific field (e.g. Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular and Cell Biology)
* Minimum of 3-years relevant laboratory experience
* Excellent lab skills and the ability to work independently to conduct and troubleshoot experiments, as well as analyze, interpret, and present data
* Proficient in protein detection methods including immunostaining, western blot, and enzymatic assays from in vivo (tissue/plasma/serum) or in vitro (cell culture) samples
* Familiarity with cell culture manipulation techniques (e.g., transfections, cell-based assays)
* Experience with cell and tissue staining (IF, IHC, ICC) and imaging /analysis methods a plus (confocal microscopy, flow cytometry)
* Ability to multi-task to support multiple projects and work in a matrixed environment
* Prior experience with gene therapy and/or lead optimization a plus
POSITION: Full-Time, Exempt
EEOC Statement: Generation Bio believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Generation Bio will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.