Senior Associate Scientist, Research Production, R&D Team
Expiry Date :
Mon, 21 Jun 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
Generation Bio is an innovative genetic medicines company focused on creating a new class of non-viral gene therapy to provide durable, redosable treatments for people living with rare and prevalent diseases. The companys non-viral platform incorporates a proprietary, high-capacity DNA construct called closed-ended DNA, or ceDNA; a cell-targeted lipid nanoparticle delivery system, or ctLNP; and an established, scalable capsid-free manufacturing process. The platform is designed to enable multi-year durability from a single dose of ceDNA and to allow titration and redosing if needed, and our scalable manufacturing process supports our mission to extend the reach of gene therapy to more people, living with more diseases, in more places around the world. Our vision is to make the ravages of genetic disease as imaginary to the next generation as polio feels to children today.
We are a thriving, collaborative, creative community of 120 people with diverse talents, beliefs, and experiences headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
Delve further. Please visit [ follow @generationbio [
Generation Bio seeks an energetic, highly motivated, and dynamic scientist to support daily operations on the Production team within the Process Development group. The successful candidate will help with in-house manufacturing of key materials, as well support optimization of our production process to support the gene therapy platform. We are seeking motivated individuals with experience in various cell culture techniques, including cell line maintenance, cell banking and plasmid transfections. Additional experience with standard chromatography techniques, DNA purification kits, or DNA manipulations including PCR, ligations, restriction digestions, and plasmid cloning is a plus.
Primary responsibilities for this role include:
* Perform routine internal production process (using cell culture and characterization techniques) to enable ongoing preclinical stage research studies
* Developing and optimizing existing production processes as well developing new processes.
* Assist in the generation and review of protocols and reports
* Prepare, evaluate, and present data internally to cross functional teams
* B.S. in Biology, Biochemistry, Cell Biology or related discipline and a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience
* Experience with mammalian, insect, or bacterial cell lines and cell culture manipulation techniques (e.g., transfections, cell banking, cell line maintenance) is required
* Downstream experience with standard chromatography and/or DNA purification kits is a plus
* Experience with automation equipment and programming is a plus
* Knowledge of general molecular biology techniques (e.g. PCR, ligations, restriction digestions, and plasmid cloning and/or assemblies) is a plus
* Ability to work effectively in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
* Comfortable working both independently and as part of a team
EEOC Statement: Generation Bio believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Generation Bio will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.