Senior Child Welfare and Research Analyst
ICF International, Inc
Expiry Date :
Sun, 08 Nov 2020 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
ICF’s Youth & Adult Education Portfolio is currently seeking a Senior Child Welfare and Research Analyst to support a team of project managers on child welfare research and evaluation projects. As a Senior Analyst, you will apply your academic knowledge and work experience and gain exposure to major projects related to child welfare, capacity building, technical assistance, implementation, and K-20 education, Senior Analysts support a variety of projects and will be heavily involved in writing reports, data synthesis and analysis, literature reviews, survey development , and other tasks as required. Senior Analysts at ICF often advance in our consulting practice.
The position is full-time and based at ICF’s office in Fairfax, VA, with remote work and/or travel as necessary.
This position is temporarily based from home due to the COVID-19 outbreak. We will continue to make decisions pertaining to office access based on public health directives and guidance, practicality, and overall business requirements.
The Senior Analyst will be responsible for the collection and analysis of data through surveys, focus groups, one-on-one interviews, on-site visits, dissemination metrics, learning management systems, and observations. Senior Analysts will immediately assume active roles on project teams, and will quickly gain responsibility commensurate with their success in the position. Candidates must be able to manage projects that include multiple tasks with competing deadlines, be versed in research/evaluation strategies, methodologies and analytic approaches, maintain positive relationships with clients and colleagues, and play an integral role in proposal development.
Areas of responsibility may include:
– Assisting with focus groups, including management of recruitment, logistics, note-taking, and reporting.
– Designing and conducting surveys.
– Analyzing and synthesizing qualitative and quantitative data.
– Producing reports and presentations for a variety of audiences.
– Creating data visualizations and supporting staff use of data
– Leading and managing tasks within project teams
– Conducting observations and occasional site visits to locations nationwide.
– Developing literature reviews and writing research briefs.
– Conducting one-on-one interviews and focus groups.
– Bachelor’s degree in Education, Public Policy, Social Science, or related discipline
– 3+ years of experience:
– conducting qualitative and/or quantitative data collection, research analysis, or evaluation
– producing high-quality, professionally-written products is required
– taking responsibility and ownership of project tasks
– knowledge in topics such as K-12 education, child welfare, capacity building, implementation science and/or continuous quality improvement (CQI)
– Willingness to travel occasionally for face-to-face interviews or site visit
– Master’s degree
– Experience using a statistical package such as SPSS,SAS, Dedoose, NVivo, or R.
– Experience applying analytic skills in a working environment (such as merging, cleaning, manipulating datasets).
– Experience in using software such as Excel or Tableau for data visualization.
– Prior work experience in a consulting environment.
– Proficient in MS Office Applications: Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel (advanced.)
– Excellent verbal, oral, interpersonal and written communication skills, including experience with developing and delivering presentations.
– Strong team player with the ability to take initiative and work well independently.
– Superior attention to detail and the ability to meet stringent deadlines.
– Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision making capabilities.
– Ability to prioritize and manage multiple activities simultaneously in a fast-paced, changing environment.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If youre seeking to make a difference in the world, visit to find your next career. ICFtogether for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)