Senior Construction QC Specialist
Haddonfield, New Jersey
Expiry Date :
Thu, 12 Aug 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
HYDROGEOLOGIC, INC. (HGL) has a high visibility position open for aCONSTRUCTION QUALITY CONTROL SPECIALISTat the Ellis Property Superfund Site in Evesham Township, Burlington County, New Jersey to support HGL’s growing business.
HGL is a leader in the environmental remediation industry, with over 30 years of experience providing comprehensive engineering and design services by implementing innovative, effective, and sustainable solutions that address environmental, infrastructure, and natural resource management challenges. HGL provides environmental engineering, remediation, and construction services, as well as Military Munitions Response Program support to U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Air Force, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, U.S. Department of Energy, and other federal and state government clients. HGL offers a dynamic work environment for creative, energetic professionals.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
* Significant interfacing with the program and project manager, senior technical staff, the government customer as well as project field personnel including subcontractors.
* Acting as site lead for U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Construction Quality Control compliance, documentation, and reporting.
* Reviewing specifications, drawings, and ongoing construction activities to assure compliance.
* The efficient management of project submittals.
* Ensuring all materials and equipment have been tested and approved for use per the applicable specifications.
* Being able to determine, communicate, and document deficiencies and ensure they are corrected in a timely manner.
* Maintaining a continuous presence on-site.
The Construction QC Specialistmust be assigned as System Manager but may have duties as project superintendent in addition to quality control. The position will require travel to the jobsite in Evesham Township, Burlington County, New Jersey.
Required skills include
* Excellent communication and organization;
* Working with and maintaining confidential information;
* Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook software;
* Strong technical writing and documentation;
* Working under detailed and strict OSHA and U.S. Army Corps of Engineers health and safety requirements;
* Experience performing daily checks to assure control activities, including testing/compliance, and documenting all results;
* Conducting completion inspections (punch-out, pre-final and final acceptance);
* Maintaining current records and providing factual evidence that required quality control activities and/or tests have been performed.
* Ability to inspect, test and document large scale in situ remediation activities.
* Ability to work with multi-disciplinary project staff in testing, observations and data gathering activities on construction project sites and prepare daily reports documenting activities and findings is preferred.
* Proficiency with the full suite of Microsoft Office software is preferred.
A minimum of four years’ construction experience on construction remediation projects.
Experience with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Resident Management System (RMS) or Quality Control System (QCS) preferred. Previous experience (5 years or more) conducting Construction Quality Control System Manager functions at a U.S. Army Corps of Engineers or other Federal government remediation or construction site is preferred. Experience managing submittals and associated Submittal Register a plus. Experience implementing the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers 3-Phase Control System a plus. Experience working with in situ thermal treatment systems is a plus. Experience working with Microsoft Office 365 and SharePoint is a plus
College graduate engineer or a graduate of construction management.
Bachelor of Science degree from a 4-year college or university in engineering or a related technical field
Active (or ability to attain) U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Construction Quality for Contractors certification. Meet 29 CFR 1910.120/29 CFR 1926.65 requirements for 40-hour initial Hazardous Waste Operations Training (HAZWOPER) and maintain annual 8-hour HAZWOPER refresher training requirements. Demonstrated proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of software, specifically in Excel and Word. Ability to work in a group setting with corporate, project, and technical management staff. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities with attention to detail. Ability to prepare, maintain, and manage detailed site documentation and records. Ability to coordinate site activities with technical, and health & safety personnel.
Experience at a federal government remediation or construction site working near heavy equipment. Ability to resolve challenging subcontractor situations and to respond promptly to client needs is preferred.
A pre-hire drug test is required and some positions may require a fit for duty baseline physical. Most positions require U.S. citizenship.