Senior Data Scientist
Mountain View, California
Expiry Date :
Sat, 24 Apr 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
WHO ARE WE AND WHY JOIN US?
* We help people change their lives. BetterHelp is the worlds largest counseling service. In 2013 we set out on a mission to provide everyone with easy, affordable, and private access to professional counseling – anytime, anywhere. Today, our network of over 15,000 licensed, accredited, and board-certified therapists have assisted more than a million people face life challenges. Every month, our secure website and mobile app facilitate over five million messages, chats, voice calls, and video sessions each month that help people change their lives.
* We are a community that grows together – both professionally and personally. Even with our exponential growth, our team is kept agile and nimble, allowing you to have a huge impact and carve your own path from day one. We invest in our peoples well-being and upward mobility because we know that business and individual growth go hand-in-hand.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
BetterHelp is looking for a Data Scientist to help us scale and increase our impact. You will lead the analytics and data science functions focused on our counselor business. You will use data to drive insight into the product and business with a focus on new counselor growth, retention and quality. The ideal candidate would have experience analyzing large and complex data sets related to web products. You’ll be doing plenty of experiment design and post-hoc analysis, both to support product improvements and business decisions, as well as setting up infrastructure and frameworks for more efficient analysis.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
* Work closely with the leadership team to instill a data-driven culture.
* Work with the product team and development team to design effective A/B tests.
* Use data to optimize our 7 figure monthly advertising budgets.
* Monitor and analyze several A/B tests with statistical rigor, present the data and insights to the team and drive product decisions.
* Have the opportunity to use our terabytes of data to help us optimize and drive business impact.
* Be a part of setting up infrastructure to help other analysts be more efficient.
* Slice and dice an enormous amount of data to gain insight on how to improve our products.
* Look at complex problems and come up with testable models and algorithms to optimize the platform.
* Develop theories that can be explored with analysis to help us improve.
* Set up BI tools and regular reporting services and interfaces.
* Enjoy great teamwork, have lots of fun, and take pride in building a world-class product that makes a difference in people’s lives!
* Reporting to Head of Platform Services
WHAT WILL YOU NOT DO?
* You will NOT worry about "runway", "cash left", or "how much time we have until the next round". We have the startup DNA but we’re fully backed and funded, all the way to success.
* You will NOT be confined to your "job". You will get involved in product, marketing, business strategy, and almost everything we do.
* You will NOT be bogged down by office politics, ego, or bad attitude. Only positive, pleasure-to-work-with people allowed here!
* You will NOT get yourself burned out. We work hard but we believe in maintaining sustainable work/life balance. Really.
* At least 2 years of advanced analytics/data science experience
* Advanced experience with SQL
* Advanced knowledge of statistics, especially as it relates to hypothesis testing
* Experience developing machine learning models
* Expert in using tools like R and Python for data analysis
* Experience analyzing A/B tests
* Experience with BI tools like Tableau and Looker
* Experience analyzing large and complex data sets to drive business insights and decisions
* Great grasp of numbers with love for data and analytics, knowledge of statistics
* Excellent communication (oral and written), attention to detail, time management and organizational skills
BONUS (GREAT TO HAVE BUT NOT REQUIRED):
* Experience with web based products
* Experience in or supporting a growth team
* Experience with leading a team of Data Scientists
* Very competitive salary & equity compensation
* Excellent health, dental, vision coverage
* 401k benefits with employer matching contribution
* Ridiculous perks programs during COVID-19 pandemic
* Office in the heart of downtown Mountain View, a three-minute walk from Caltrain
* Catered lunch every day, bottomless snacks (even avocado toast!), and locally roasted coffee
* Commuter benefits, FSA accounts, and Employee Stock Purchase Programs available
* Building something that matters – loved by the people [ and admired by the press [
* Any piece of hardware or software that will make you happy and productive
* Free BetterHelp accounts for all team members
* Awesome people to work with
* Nothing to slow you down
* Helping people have a better life, every day
Please note: BetterHelp does not currently sponsor Visas.