Senior Data Scientist
Ellis Island, New Jersey
Expiry Date :
Mon, 05 Apr 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION
Verisk Analytics internal consulting group, Insurance Analytics, seeks enthusiastic and talented SENIOR DATA SCIENTISTto support high visibility, high priority, big data projects that have a significant revenue potential. These data scientists will focus on feature engineering and building the predictive models that serve as the core of new & existing products.
You will play an integral role by working with large highly complex data (of varying quality, but mostly structured), advanced statistics, and machine learning to create highly usable models. As a Senior Data Scientist, you will be tasked with synthesizing creative solutions to non-trivial problems such as engineering high quality features, determining the best algorithm/approach for model building, and identifying then resolving computational inefficiencies by utilizing current generation big data techniques.
This role will support our Lead Data Scientist by collaborating with other Senior Data Scientists while taking ownership of distinct components of large team projects, which will be used to generate underwriting and rating products across commercial insurance lines of business. Most of your work will revolve around utilizing packages such as Pandas/Dask, NumPy, Numba, Sci-kit Learn, Caret, Sparklyr, h2o, Spark, SparkML, etc. and SQL (SparkSQL, PostgreSQL, and MS SQL).
* Under some supervision, engineer high quality features and build valuable models (exploratory data analysis -> variable reduction/selection/transformations -> model building -> testing -> communication of results and sales support)
* Exhibit creativity in active problem-solving environment
* Document processes, code, implement version control, and ideally, create functions/template code so that your successes can be applied to new data with minimal effort
* Utilize advanced statistical techniques, machine learning, and best practices to efficiently create models, that comply with regulatory and privacy requirements, and address business objectives and client needs.
* Create clear and easy to understand reports. Verbally present analysis ideas, progress and results to internal manager and colleagues.
* Support a high-performance collaborative culture. Participate in peer-review with colleagues on an ongoing basis to learn, teach, and ultimately, produce high quality results.
* The structure of insurance datasets
* The P&C insurance business including coverages, components of rating variables, etc.
* Basic actuarial concepts
* Develop knowledge of Verisk Analytics business practices, products, and data sources
* Remain current on data science techniques and become familiar with state of the art tools
* Contribute to the creation of detailed project plans to ensure projects are completed on time.