Senior Data Scientist
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Expiry Date :
Mon, 21 Jun 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
AtTrane Technologies [ Challenge Possible. Our brands includingTrane [ King [ – create access to cooling and comfort in buildings and homes, transport and protect food and perishables, connect customers to elevated performance with less environmental impact, dramatically reduce energy demands and carbon emissions, and innovate with a better world in mind. We boldly challenge whats possible for a sustainable world.
BE A PART OF OUR MISSION! Do you want to directly contribute to an organization committed to reduce its customer carbon footprint by 1 Gigaton of Carbon Dioxide by 2030? As a world leader in creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments, its our responsibility to put the planet first. For us at Trane Technologies, sustainability is not just how we do businessit is our business. Sustainability is at the center of our strategy and influences how we make every decision.
We are currently looking to hire a SR. DATA SCIENTIST to help drive the analytics for our Trane North American Services organization. The Data Scientist will develop and maintain data and related analytical solutions to enhance business decision making capabilities leading to profitable growth opportunities. This will be a high visibility opportunity partnering closely with business leaders as we transform and grow our business. This role will also have direct impact with that business growth which will continue to help our company meet our sustainability goals. Providing system solutions as well as ongoing daily support of operations. The ideal candidate is an individual contributor who lives and breathes data, understands the complexities of data and can simplify it in order to provide business results to senior leadership.
* Responsible for extracting data from multiple sources, cleaning data, completing data validation, and transforming to develop business solutions
* Translate complex analytical and technical concepts for non-technical team members to enable understanding and drive informed business decisions
* Work collaboratively with internal customers (Sales, Operations, Finance, etc.) to identify and understand current and anticipated business needs
* Provide decision support to business leaders and executives by creating institutional and ad-hoc dashboards
* Pricing analysis, sales opportunities, and coordinating with respective internal field leadership
* Manage all aspects of multiple projects, including project planning, execution, timing, functionality, quality, and cost from beginning to end
* BS/BA degree in computer science, statistics, mathematics, analytics, data science, software engineering, or a related technical field.
* 5+ years of experience in a hands-on data science role, additional experience in related analytics field a plus.
* Ability to compile, code, categorize, reshape, analyze, visualize, and validate data
* Highly proficient in data analysis tools and report development: Tableau required, Alteryx, Python and/or R preferred.
* Ability to read, write and understand SQL
* Experience working with complex data structures and the ability to provide business insights by leveraging data analysis techniques. Statistical analysis a plus
* Excellent communication skills, presenting, listening, and informing
* Ability to quickly gain an understanding of the business process, application functionality and interdependencies, receive input from stakeholders, and leverage problem solving skills to understand the issues
* Ability to quickly prioritize issues/requests and be capable of personally diving deep when required to deliver solutions within an accelerated timeframe
This role has beendesignatedasVIRTUAL. Work can bedone fromanywhere. Shared touch-down workspace availableon-site.
_*The Company reservesthe right to modify thisdesignation shouldbusiness needs require._
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits and programs that help our employees thrive in both their professional and personal lives. We are proud of our winning culture which is inclusive and respectful at its core. We share passion for serving customers, caring for others, and boldly challenging whats possible for a sustainable world.
We are committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our communities. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.