Senior Data Scientist
Mountain View, California
Expiry Date :
Sat, 19 Jun 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
About News Break
News Break defines a new way for users to engage with local news. Since its founding in 2015, it has grown by leaps and bounds. Were now the largest intelligent local news platform in the U.S.
News Break is ranked the #1 news app on both iOS and Android with 45M+ monthly users.
We’re a series-C startup headquartered at Mountain View, California.
We’ve been growing 3x every 12 months in both user base and revenue. Right now, we’re aggressively expanding our team and looking for senior talents to accelerate our growth. Looking for you to lead our next steps!
For more information, please visit [
About the Role
* Solve ambiguous, challenging business problems using data-driven approaches.
* Design the framework of data analysis to drive business insight and facilitate decisions.
* Establish the standard work process and best practices for data science including analytics, experimentation, and modeling.
* Work closely with data engineers to build and improve the reliability, accuracy of the data logging and data pipelines.
* Work with stakeholders including senior executives, products, and design teams to improve the teams productivity and quality of output.
* MS or PhD degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Econometrics or equivalent quantitative field.
* 3+ years of experience in analytical or data warehousing experience.
* Strong strategic thinking and problem solving skills.
* Experience with A/B test experiment design and analysis.
* Experience with exploratory data analysis, statistical analysis and testing, and machine learning models.
* Advanced SQL skills.
* Ability to use languages and tools like Python, R, Hive, Spark to work with large data sets.
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
* Tech lead or management experience is a plus.
* Experience with ELT data processing and/or Lakehouse systems.
* Experience in productionization of algorithms and data pipelines.
* Experience in FP&A.
We provide highly competitive compensation package including base salary, bonuses, and stock options. Benefits include great Medical, Dental and Vision. A flat organization and family-like culture makes this a perfect environment to make huge impact on our product and grow your skill set.