Senior Data Scientist, Ads Analytics
Mountain View, California
Expiry Date :
Sat, 06 Feb 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
About News Break
News Break defines a new way for users to engage with local news. Since its founding in 2015, it has grown by leaps and bounds. Were now the largest intelligent local news platform in the U.S.
News Break is ranked the #1 news app on both iOS and Android with 12M+ daily active users and 25M+ monthly users (data source: App Annie).
We’re a series-C startup headquartered at Mountain View, California.
We’ve been growing 3x every 12 months in both user base and revenue. Right now, we’re aggressively expanding our team and looking for senior talents to accelerate our growth. Looking for you to lead our next steps!
For more information, please visit [
About the Role
* Understand the complex end-to-end News Break product and monetization system.
* Define metrics and use BI tools to bring visibility into the performance of our monetization system.
* Identify opportunity, and generate ideas to improve Ads revenue while providing a delightful experience for app user.
* Conduct product/feature analyses, opportunity sizing, A/B testing and build dashboards/visualization to monitor product health.
* Own our ads data. Design data models, pipelines, aggregations, monitors and automated alerts.
* Work with stakeholders including senior executives, products, and design teams to improve the teams productivity and quality of output.
* MS or PhD degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Econometrics or equivalent quantitative field.
* 3+ years of experience in analytical or data warehousing experience.
* Proficient in SQL and Python.
* Experience in querying and manipulating large datasets for analysis.
* Strong machine learning sense and statistical knowledge.
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
* Experience in ads platform, DSP or SSP.
* Experience with large scale data system such as search or recommendation.
* Experience in leading large project.
We provide highly competitive compensation package including base salary, bonuses, and stock options. Benefits include great Medical, Dental and Vision. A flat organization and family-like culture makes this a perfect environment to make huge impact on our product and grow your skill set.