Senior Machine Learning Data Scientist Telecommute
United healthcare Group
Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Expiry Date :
Sun, 08 Nov 2020 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
Great outcomes are the result of strong purpose, conviction and pride – pride in your ability and your product. UnitedHealth Group offers a portfolio of products that are greatly improving the life of others. Bring along your passion and do your life’s best work.(sm)
Optum is the industry leader delivering health services dedicated to one goal: making the health system work better for everyone. For those who need care, provide care and pay for care, we deliver integrated, intelligent solutions designed to modernize the health system and improve the health of individuals and populations. We are investing significantly in new capabilities to design, develop and deliver better solutions for these constituents.
The Data Science Transformation team seeks a Senior Data Scientist to join our team. You should be an exceptional disciplined and self-motivated data scientist with substantial machine learning experience and a passion for working with healthcare data (relevant experience with data from other industries is of interest as well, e.g. financial, retail, telco, etc.), experience using various computational approaches, and a portfolio of projects you can show and talk about.
You should be a creative thinker in how to solve problems, utilizing machine learning methods, deep understanding and curiosity about data, and business understanding to devise appropriate analytic solutions. You’ll work within Optum’s unparalleled data assets and big data infrastructure to develop innovative machine learning capabilities.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
* Work alongside other data scientists, engineers, and project managers to design and implement models and experiments from end to end, including data ingestion and preparation, feature engineering, analysis and modeling, model deployment, performance tracking and documentation
* Improve and extend the analytic methods in our products
* Conduct hands-on data analysis and predictive analytics on large datasets
* Effectively communicate complex technical results to business partners
* Support and drive analytic efforts around machine learning and innovation
* Work with a great deal of autonomy to find solutions to complex problems
* Coach and mentor junior data scientists
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
* Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Applied Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Statistics or related technical field
* 4+ years of hands-on experience in in developing with machine learning, deep learning and/or NLP with Machine Learning (4+ years can be a combination of business/corporate experience and academic, but your academic projects need to be clearly defined)
* Strong proficiency in advanced data science tools such as Python, Spark, SQL
* Experience with wrangling large datasets with big data tools such as Hadoop, Hive and Spark
* Experience applying computational algorithms and statistical methods to structured and unstructured data
* Experience combining analytic methods with advanced data visualizations using, for example, Tableau, Shiny or D3
* Experience breaking down and clearly defining problems
* Experience communicating highly technical results to a diverse audience
* Experience deploying machine learning models into production
* Comfort working as part of a team, as opposed to solo projects
* Telecommute is available for the right candidate
Careers with Optum. Here’s the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Data Scientist, Healthcare, UnitedHealth Group, Boston, MA, Massachusetts, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota, Telecommute, Remote, Work from home
* Requisition Number
* Job Title Senior Machine Learning Data Scientist – Telecommute
* Job Family Analytics
* Business Segment OptumInsight
Job Location Information
* Eden Prairie, MN
* Other Locations Boston, MA
Additional Job Detail Information
* Employee Status Regular
* Schedule Full-time
* Job Level Individual Contributor
* Shift Day Job
* Travel No
* Telecommuter Position Yes
* Overtime Status Exempt