Senior Machine Learning Scientist
Expiry Date :
Wed, 23 Jun 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
The Intelligence Tools & Application (ITA) group keep our Department of Defense (DoD) and Intelligence Community (IC) customers at the leading edge of technology by identifying, demonstrating, developing, and deploying emerging Machine Learning (ML) approaches to solve their complex problems. We are currently seeking an experienced Senior Machine Learning Scientist to help us develop disruptive technologies for our customers.
As a Senior ML Scientist, you will apply your ML skills to wide variety of problems and datasets. Past projects include detecting disinformation campaigns from GAN-generated contents, developing algorithms to detect rare objects from overhead imagery, and inferring causal relationships between datasets. You will bring experience, creativity and entrepreneurship, and you will interact with customers, lead technical project teams, and spearhead the growth of current and new research areas.
* MS or PhD in a scientific field such as computer science, math, data science or physics, or equivalent experience
* 1-5 years of practical experience applying ML and statistics to solve complex problems
* Previous experience applying statistical modeling and/or deep learning to one or more of the following areas: predictive analytics, contextual reasoning, sense making, activity-based intelligence, computer vision, and natural language processing
* Experience working and collaborating on multi-disciplinary teams, including leading technical teams and mentoring less experienced scientists
* Proficiency in data structures and algorithms, and expertise using Python, Julia, or R
* Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance
* 5+ years of practical experience applying state-of-the-art ML and statistical techniques to multimodal big data
* Track record of research in ML technologies in high impact publications
* Strong fundamentals in problem solving, complexity analysis, and algorithm design
* Proven experience deploying solutions at scale into prototype and production systems
* Understanding and experience in interacting with decision-makers and customers to translate mission needs into an end-to-end analytical solution
Systems & Technology Research (STR) is a rapidly growing technology company with locations north of Boston, MA, Arlington, VA and near Dayton, OH. We specialize in advanced research and development for defense, intelligence, and national security, trying to understand how to protect our society: from stopping malicious botnet attacks, to understanding cyber vulnerabilities, providing next generation sensors, radar, sonar, communications, and electronic warfare to developing artificial intelligence algorithms and analytics to make sense of the complexity that is exploding around us.
STR is committed to creating a collaborative learning environment that supports deep technical understanding and recognizes the contributions and achievements of all team members. Our work is challenging, but you go home at night knowing that you pushed the forefront of technology and made the world a little safer. We recognize that the world is changing, that it is becoming more connected than ever before, making things change faster than before, and reshaping society in the process. We all want to understand this changing world and leave it better for our work.
We’re not just any company. Our people, culture, and attitude along with their unique set of skills, experiences, and perspectives put us on a trajectory to change the world. We can’t do it alone, though – we need fellow trailblazers. If you are one, join our team and help to keep our society safe!
STR is an equal opportunity employer. We are fully dedicated to hiring the most qualified candidate regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation and pregnancy), marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any portion of the employment process, email us at and provide your name, phone number and email address.
Pursuant to applicable federal law and regulations, positions at STR require employees to obtain national security clearances and satisfy the requirements for compliance with export control and other applicable laws