Senior Manager of Biomedical Informatics & Data Management
Expiry Date :
Tue, 29 Dec 2020 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
The Leidos Health Groups Health & Human Services line of business has an opening for a SENIOR MANAGER OF BIOMEDICAL INFORMATICS & DATA MANAGEMENT located in the Washington DC metro area. This position will report to the Vice President, Health & Human Services.
The Senior Manager of Biomedical Informatics & Data Management will provide multi-faceted business growth, program management, technical and scientific oversight, informatics, analytics and data management support to the entire Health and Human Services (HHS) portfolio including the Food & Drug Administration (FDA), National Institutes of Health (NIH), Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and a wide variety of life sciences activities. The candidates responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
* Provide integrated technical and scientific thought leadership in biomedical informatics and data management across the HHS portfolio in support of both new business pursuits and on contract program activity.
* Drive new business / take away growth activities involving biomedical informatics and data management to include authoring of white papers, writing of proposals, crafting and implementation of innovation projects and pilots, creation and delivery of customer presentations, involvement in customer shaping activities, formation of partnerships and teaming arrangements, etc.
* Provide biomedical informatics and data management subject matter expertise and thought leadership encompassing big data, data sciences and bioinformatics solutions in support of customer calls and new opportunity shaping activities.
* Perform operational program performance as well as business development bid reviews for activities involving informatics, analytics and data management.
* Provide technical program management oversight, direction and support.
* Provide direction and hands on leadership in the preparation phase of new start programs awaiting award or moving towards transition.
* Recruit, develop and train biomedical informatics and data management talent in support of new growth and existing program activity.
* Work collaboratively with the line, business development and solution architect organizations to create innovative solutions for customers on existing programs and in the pursuit of new business.
* Work collaboratively with the line and business development organizations to identify, prioritize, pursue and win new business.
* Work collaboratively with the line and business development to develop and execute customer call plans and develop strong customer intimacy.
* Perform special projects as assigned.
* Bachelors degree in a technical discipline with 20+ years of relevant experience.
* Prior experience working with the biomedical scientific and information technology communities at HHS including various institutes and operating divisions within NIH including NCI.
* Certified Program Management Professional (PMP).
* Technical program management / program management experience involving the combination of the life sciences domain with information technology.
* Superior verbal and written communication skills.
* Outstanding skills in crafting and making presentations to a variety of customer audiences including those in the scientific, technical and business communities.
* Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate and work with supporting functions and other delivery organizations for win / win results.
MBA, MPH, MS or PhD preferred
* Experience collaborating with and directing a distributed team and managing multiple customers, programs, and projects as one collective capability portfolio.
* Broad domain experience including areas such as medical research enablement, public health, grants management, clinical trials support, health sciences surveys, scientific program management, scientific computing, etc.
* Ability to multi-task across a broad range of technical and operational activities for a variety of HHS customers with unique mission requirements.
* Ability to analyze complex biomedical mission related needs, translate them into actionable work streams that can be technology enabled, formulate them into compelling value propositions that are competitively differentiated across the sciences to solutions continuum and then operationally deliver on these solutions.
* Ability to cycle back and forth seamlessly and effectively between business development activities and operational delivery.
Requires ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
EXTERNAL REFERRAL BONUS:
POTENTIAL FOR TELEWORK:
CLEARANCE LEVEL REQUIRED:
Yes, 10% of the time
SCHEDULED WEEKLY HOURS:
Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the worlds toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The companys 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit [
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That’s why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here [
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.