Senior Mechanical Engineer – Medical Devices
Acorn Product Development, Inc.
City of Newark, California
Expiry Date :
Sat, 27 Mar 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
Acorn Product Development is an industry leader in product development, mechanical engineering, and design. Existing at the forefront of innovation in product design and engineering for the last 27 years has earned us the opportunity to partner with some of the most recognizable Fortune 100 & 500 companies, brands and emerging start-ups. We refresh existing products, save programs in peril, and help bring their newest product concepts to life. Every day we are privileged to work on ground-breaking technologies, develop bleeding edge designs, and work alongside some of the most talented folks in industry. Acorn focuses its design talents on consumer products, robotics, medical devices and networking products, and has offices in the Silicon Valley, Atlanta, Boston and China.
Here at Acorn, you will be among a team of passionate creatives and forward thinkers. Products are what we produce, however it is people and relationships that drive our business. Our collaborative approach to each project is not just a choice, it is engrained in our culture and fundamental to our success. We believe collaboration between dynamic people is the key to developing dynamic products that ultimately enhance the lives of dynamic customers.
We are looking for an experienced medical device engineer to take a leadership position and help guide our team of engineers, building a culture of best practices and excellence in the market focusing on Class I and Class II devices. At Acorn you will be able to teach others about medical device development while gaining exposure to the wide variety of markets, projects, and clients that come through our door.
If you want to work as part of an outstanding engineering team, see your designs through from concept to finished product and be rewarded for your work, then Acorn Product Development has your next job! [
We value and promote the diversity of our workforce.
Position is based out of our Newark, CA office. Given the current circumstances with COVID-19, all employees are working remotely.
* Broaden the breadth and depth of your technical knowledge.
* Function as subject-matter expert in medical device design, development, and certification.
* Author and manage project schedules, budgets and staffing needs.
* Work with clients to identify requirements; brainstorm, define and develop product solutions.
* Create detailed designs/documentation to meet project objectives.
* Identify and perform mechanical engineering analyses.
* Collaborate with ID/UX teams to produce refined product designs.
* Interface with vendors for prototyping, tooling & production.
* Test and evaluate prototypes, tooling and first articles.
* Create project and technical reports as required.
* 8+ yrs of design and engineering analysis experience w/ a BSME or equivalent (MSME preferred).
* Experience transitioning 3+ complex electromechanical products from early concept into production. At least one complete cycle in an FDA regulated environment (ISO – 13485).
* Working knowledge of designing molded, sheet metal and machined components.
* Proficient with SolidWorks (Creo a plus) and preparing engineering documentation per ASME Y14.5 for production release.
* On-the-job analysis experience with mechatronic systems and at least two of the following areas:
* Tolerance analysis
* FEA and/or CFD
* Strength of materials
* Heat transfer
* Shock and vibration
* Ability to work with teams in a fast-paced product development environment.
* Strong written and oral communication skills.
* Demonstrated success meeting regulatory requirements and capturing device certification.
* Hands-on performance in shop/lab skills
* Hands on project management experience.
Competitive salaries, Paid Time Off, Medical, dental & vision insurance, Life insurance and disability benefits, 401k, Health Care Spending Accounts, Quarterly and annual company events and much more.