Senior Research Associate, Immunology
South San Francisco, California
Expiry Date :
Wed, 23 Jun 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
Encoded Therapeutics Inc. is a biotechnology company advancing precision medicines for a broad range of genetic disorders. Our mission is to unlock new opportunities for viral gene therapy through genomics-driven discovery. We focus on delivering life-changing advances for individuals with genetic disorders not addressable with current approaches. This is a unique opportunity to work at the intersection of genomics and therapeutics and participate in the development of a diverse therapeutic pipeline driven by transformative core technologies. For more information, please visit [
We are recruiting an experienced motivated Research Associate to join our Translational Sciences team. The Translational team is leveraging cutting-edge technologies developed in-house to create innovative gene therapies for neurological diseases. We are individuals from various scientific disciplines including molecular biology, genomics, neurobiology.
The Senior Research Associate will play an important role in assay development efforts and nonclinical sample testing to support GLP and non-GLP studies. We are seeking an experienced bench scientist who is well versed and experienced in cell-based assays including ELISpot/Flow cytometry, MSD and or/Luminex. This role will participate in multiple method development and sample testing efforts, and completion of projects according to established procedure and timelines. Responsibilities for this role include SOP development, conducting assays according to established SOPs, contributing to development of new methods related to cell-based, plate based and other protein assays to support the Encoded pipeline products. Strong analytical skills and meticulous method development experience coupled with clear communication skills (written and verbal form) are essential.
* Perform cell-based ELISpot assays, as well as support other plate-based immune assays
* Execute well-designed experiments, independently and accurately analyze and present data
* Keep systematic and contemporaneous records of data according to established compliance procedures
* Author and review standard operating protocols (SOPs) and study reports; improve internal procedures related to documentation
* Communicate results with clarity at team meetings
* Engage to work collaboratively within teams to deliver exceptional results
* Masters degree in Biological Sciences or equivalent with 3+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry with successful track record of diverse cell-based and protein assay projects OR
* Bachelors degree in Biological Sciences or equivalent with 5+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry with successful track record of diverse cell-based and protein assay projects
* Well versed and experienced in cell-based assays including ELISpot/Flow cytometry, MSD and or/Luminex
* Strong practical knowledge of method development, troubleshooting assays
* Excellent organizational, interpersonal skills, and ability to effectively communicate in a team setting
* Strong computation skills; well-versed with Office suite, Graphpad, FlowJo and JMP software
* Prior experience in GxP-like environment
* Comprehensive benefits package, including competitive employer premium contributions
* Meaningful stock option grants
* PTO, sick time and holiday pay
* Generous Parental Leave program
* Pre-tax medical and dependent care programs
* LTD, Life and AD&D
* Professional development opportunities
* Team-building events
* Fully stocked kitchen
Encoded is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Encoded is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Encoded are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, religion or belief, color, national origin, gender, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the location in which we operate. Encoded will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Encoded encourages applicants of all ages.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may call us at +1 .