Senior Research Scientist, Medicinal Chemistry
South San Francisco, California
Expiry Date :
Mon, 21 Jun 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
About IDEAYA Biosciences:
IDEAYA Biosciences (NASDAQ: IDYA) is a public, clinical-stage oncology-focused precision medicine company committed to the discovery and development of targeted therapeutics for patient populations selected using DNA sequencing and other molecular diagnostics. Our approach integrates extensive capabilities in identifying and validating translational biomarkers with small molecule drug discovery to select patient populations most likely to benefit from the therapies we are developing. We are applying these capabilities across multiple classes of precision medicine, including direct targeting of oncogenic pathways and synthetic lethality which represents an emerging class of precision medicine targets. We believe this diversified approach will enable us to deliver the right medicine to the right patient to drive a more robust clinical response.
IDEAYA recently announced a landmark strategic partnership with GSK in Synthetic Lethality for certain pipeline programs. The GSK partnership is transformative and enables IDEAYA and GSK to collectively build an industry leading platform and pipeline in Synthetic Lethality. For more information, please see [
We are seeking a talented and highly motivated individual with significant pharmaceutical industry experience to join our multidisciplinary team. The successful candidate will engage in rational structure-based drug discovery enabled by our computational and structural chemistry group. In addition to significant lab work, the work will include aspects of managing CRO collaborators in the preparation of target molecules and chemistry leadership of drug discovery projects. As a member of a dynamic multi-disciplinary team, this person will collaborate with a broad group of scientists within IDEAYA as well as external collaborators.
AKA what you’ll bring:
* Ph.D. in synthetic organic chemistry with 7+ years pharmaceutical medicinal chemistry industrial experience
* Expert understanding of medicinal chemistry concepts and proficiency in the application of structure-based design with demonstrated success in application to medicinal chemistry design challenges
* Strong track record in applying modern synthetic organic techniques to advance small-molecule drug discovery programs, include a strong publication/patent record
* Exceptional knowledge of ADME, physicochemical, biochemical and pharmacological principles as applied to drug discovery
* Solid ability to supervise junior scientists and/or CRO collaborators to high levels of productivity
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Ability to multi-task and set priorities on multiple projects
* Ability to work well in multi-disciplinary teams
* Experience in applying molecular modeling methods to structure, ligand and fragment-based drug discovery
* A strong record of delivering portfolio success and driving projects through to the identification of high quality small-molecule drug candidates
* Excellent awareness of current developments in synthetic and medicinal chemistry, and ability to identify opportunities to advance the science in these fields
When you’re at IDEAYA, you will be in the midst of brilliant minds working on precision medicine therapies to help cancer patients. We are passionate and committed about being on the forefront of oncology medicine, which means we all have a high internal drive that is at the very core of every person at IDEAYA. We are inquisitive, ask deep questions, and are data-driven innovators who like to collaborate and use team work to move science forward.
Ideaya is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, Ideaya does not discriminate in hiring or otherwise in employment based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. EOE/AA/Vets.