Senior Research Specialist
New York City, New York
Expiry Date :
Wed, 18 Aug 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
Chartis Research is the leading provider of research and analysis on the global market for risk technology and is part of Infopro Digital which has market leading brands such as Risk and Waters Technology. Chartis goal is to support enterprises as they drive business performance through better risk management, corporate governance and compliance and to help clients make informed technology and business decisions by providing in-depth analysis and actionable advice on virtually all aspects of risk technology.
Given our focus on growing and sustaining our European business, we are looking for a senior Research Principal to grow our Research business in the United Kingdom and Europe during an exciting, high-growth period. This is the chance to be part of a team providing invaluable thought leadership tailored to the needs of the risk tech marketplace resulting in an unrivalled level of depth and insight upon which our clients have come to rely. The position can also be based in New York.
* Define and conduct ongoing research and analysis of the risk and financial technology marketplace to provide insight and decision support for Technology Vendors, Financial Institutions and Consulting Firms particularly firms with a strong US presence.
* Provide in-depth expertise and actionable advice on the broad spectrum of risk, compliance and financial technology offerings in order to help clients make informed technology and business decisions.
* Keep informed on risk and compliance technology-related research by reading, and networking with clients, vendors and analysts, to evaluate and analyse this market.
* Actively participate in internal Research Meetings and help socialize research thinking and new insights and positions. Some specialization in a few key subject areas (e.g. Credit Risk, Governance Technology, Financial Crime) and financial services industry (e.g. banking, capital markets, insurance) is anticipated.
* Provide sales support to the US-based team by speaking to prospective and existing clients via telephone, videoconference and by making face-to face sales calls with Chartis/Incisive Media sales personnel and by delivering presentations as needed (small meetings, briefings and seminars/conferences).
* Provide individualized consulting for clients, which involve presentations of Chartis Research and/or findings to individual companies.
* All applicants must have a valid right to live and work in the US without sponsorship.
* 5-10 years experience working within the Risk Technology field: a Bachelor’s degree in related field; Masters preferred.
* Working experience and knowledge about the RiskTech and FinTech market including the enabling IT solutions to help meet departmental/organizational objectives.
* Strong communicator with evidence of excellent verbal and written skills, with an ability to explain complex concepts both concisely and simply.
* Highly process-driven with strong analytical capabilities, the ability to task switch, be happy with new challenges, and be able to share opinions and receive feedback from colleagues.
* Be willing to push new ideas and opinions to peers, clients and the wider market.
We know great people make great companies. Infopro Digital is defined by people and passion while being powered by knowledge and innovation. Everything we do is centred on trust, integrity and respect. Our collaborative approach drives creativity across our markets; and our focus on giving teams ownership allows us to build an entrepreneurial culture where our people and brands can thrive and grow.
As well as working with the most interesting, talented and fun people, we operate a culture where success is recognized.
You will be supported throughout your career, tailoring your development through management support, internal and external training courses, and on the job training.
In addition to a competitive salary we offer the following benefits:
* 20 Vacation Days (rising up to 25 days)
* 5 Sick Days
* 10 paid Public Holidays
* Life Insurance
* Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
* 401k Plan Plus Match
* Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
* Short-term and Long-term Disability
* TransitChek Commuter Tax-free Benefits
* Discounted Gym Membership
* Bonusly Employee Recognition
* Employee Discount Schemes
* Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
* Additional Life Insurance
* Flexible Working
* Tuition Reimbursement
Infopro Digital also runs The Foundation which supports several charities. Staff can volunteer to contribute their skills and expertise to make a meaningful difference to the lives of others.