Senior Scientist, Medicinal Chemistry
Expiry Date :
Sat, 24 Apr 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
A stellar opportunity to join the core team of a nifty startup: join DeepCure and have a massive impact on redefining drug-discovery.
DeepCure, founded by a team of researchers from MIT, develops Artificial Intelligence to revolutionize pharmaceutical development. We reimagine the drug development pipeline as if it was designed today: with access to the latest breakthroughs in Deep Learning, Cloud Computing, and our proprietary database of one trillion chemistries. Our mission is to save lives by enabling the discovery of highly effective drugs that are extremely unlikely to be discovered by any existing drug discovery pipeline. By improving the breadth, accuracy, cycle time, and cost of pre-clinical drug development we turn that mission into reality.
We are looking for an experienced medicinal chemist to join our team and help us research, design, and develop novel small-molecule therapeutics for unmet medical needs.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
* Lead/Co-lead a project team to deliver clinical candidates
* Devise strategies to identify lead-like molecules and optimize compounds that will target multiple cellular pathways/mechanisms
* Develop medicinal chemistry strategies to improve efficacy, drug-likeness, ADME/DMPK, and safety properties of molecules
* Create and execute strategies to protect and expand intellectual property
* Closely interact with external chemistry CROs, stakeholders within and outside of DeepCure
* Develop new approaches to the expansion of the unique chemistry space
* Ph.D. in Organic or Medicinal Chemistry with at least 5+ years of industry experience in a lead discovery role
* Deep expertise in modern organic chemistry with a proven track record of scientific accomplishments: peer-reviewed publications and presentations at key scientific conferences
* Track record of successfully prosecuting medicinal chemistry and drug discovery programs to provide high quality, novel chemical compounds leading to clinical candidates and composition of matter IP
* Expertise in small molecule SAR development from hit identification to lead optimization studies to improve potency, selectivity, exposure, and safety
* Ability to contribute to target selection, validation, and proof-of-concept studies to support a variety of innovative scientific programs
* Demonstrated success with optimization of ADME/DMPK parameters.
* An ability to manage effectively across time zones and cultures is essential.
* Excellent communication skills
* Demonstrated ability to successfully work in cross-functional teams with an emphasis on teamwork, collaboration, and communication within the team and across the company
A PERFECT CANDIDATE HAS:
* Experience with executing drug discovery programs using an outsourced, CRO-driven model, including establishing and managing collaborations with CROs, industry partners, academic institutions, and area expert consultants
* Experience with parallel synthesis and/or NOS is a huge plus
* Basic programming skills are a plus
* Cheminformatics knowledge is a plus
For the right candidate, we’ll offer a competitive salary plus equity. Your compensation is rounded out by a strong benefits package:
* Flexible work hours, with occasional work-from-home options.
* Unlimited paid leave and sick time.
* Healthcare, vision, and dental insurance plans, with voluntary add-ons available for dependent care, life, and accident coverage.
* Commuter benefits.
* Work in a cool and vibrant space at the heart of Boston.
* Snacks and drinks in the office.
Most importantly, you’ll have a huge impact, do important work, and work with a team of people you’ll genuinely enjoy spending the day with.
DeepCure is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications that’s all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don’t tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.