Senior/Vehicle Software Validation Engineer
Los Angeles, California
Expiry Date :
Mon, 26 Apr 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
Xos, Inc. is a fast-paced startup work environment on a mission to make fleets more efficient while lowering their carbon footprint where team members wear many hats and are expected to take on more responsibility than they may be accustomed to. Xos team members enjoy seeing their work output in the form of a real-world, market-ready product. We have trucks on the road and in customers hands.
We are looking for a Vehicle Software Validation System Engineer to test our vehicle software releases, create and execute test cases, create test plans, and contribute to the continuous improvement of our diagnostic service tool used for field service. Testing will be performed on the bench, HIL, and/or on the vehicle. An ideal candidate will have confidence in their ability to contribute significantly and independently to test development and execution as well as bring innovative ideas to the team.
in EE or ME or equivalent ( is preferred)
* 3+ years of relevant work experience, 5+ years of for a Senior
* Experience with test management tools such as Jama, NI TestStand, ETAS Labcar, Simulink Test, or ECU-Test
* Experience in vehicular communication networks such as CAN, CAN FD, and LIN
* Understanding of CAN bus messaging protocols such as J1939, UDS, and XCP
* Experience with MATLAB, Simulink, and Stateflow
* Proficient in embedded C code programming a plus
* Familiar with measurement, calibration, and diagnostic tools such as ETAS INCA and Vector CANalyzer
* Experience with validation hardware, Hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) systems, and test bench setups
* Familiar with version control tools such as Git or SVN
* Experience with requirements management tools such as Jama
Duties & Responsibilities
* Plan, write and execute tests cases to validate the latest software releases
* Write issues found during testing in clear, repeatable steps
* Contribute to the improvement through usage and feedback of the diagnostic service tool
* Work with the HIL team to expand the scope of automation where possible
* Coordinate test development and execution on the software, hardware, and system levels
* Maintain traceability between requirements, test cases, and results
* Troubleshoot and debug issues found testing. Perform test data analysis and trace failures to correct subsystems and work with cross-functional development teams to identify the root cause and solve them.
* XOS, Inc. is committed to offering competitive wages, salary is dependent on experience;
* The Company offers medical coverage, paid 100% by the employer for employees with dependent coverage partially off-set by the employer;
* Dental, Vision, and Life plans are also offered through the Company’s health package.
Xos, Inc is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.