Software QA Analyst
Expiry Date :
Wed, 16 Jun 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
The Software QA Analyst is responsible for assessing application and system quality relating to the companys program management and payment processing platform and other system-level or general computing applications used by the company for the delivery of services. The Analyst runs manual and automated tests on application development, API integration and other software projects. This role must coordinate with user teams to translate user stories into test plans and test cases. They also work closely with the software development team giving feedback on specifications, input on design, and validating functionality and usability.
* Execute manual and automated functional code testing including regression testing to ensure backward compatibility. Ensure testing practices are compliant with required IT internal controls.
* Identify, reproduce, and isolate bugs, thoroughly document and drive them towards resolution by tracking progress and escalating as appropriate until resolution is reached. Document all test results and problem resolution as required.
* Maintain a comprehensive understanding of trends and developments regarding best practices relating to test automation and software QA. Recommend changes to tools, procedures and standards to ensure the company maintains the highest standard of quality.
* Perform various administrative tasks such as time tracking, activity reporting including support for audits and/or external client reviews as required.
Education, Skills and Experience:
* Bachelor’s degree from 4-year college or university with a concentration in IT or computer science or equivalent work experience.
* Excellent decision-making, problem-solving and critical thinking skills. Must be highly self-motivated and detail oriented.
* Team player, with strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate and share knowledge with contacts at all levels.
* 2 – 3 years experience in software QA testing role. Understanding of SDLC and ITIL a plus.
* Experience in payment processing or related financial services industry is a plus.
* Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and SQL query coding, SOAPUI, Postman, Selenium or other automation tools
Travel Requirements: Must be willing to travel to Client locations when necessary.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job as of the date this job description was prepared. Management reserves the right to modify this job to meet business needs.